Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how many of you actually race?

just as it says...how many of you race? rally, autox (solo2), tsd, whatever turns your crank...

i myself autox...some of you may have seen my thread where i had my ea82 sedan out for the first time and while abusing my transfer case had allot of good fun

Race in a 4X4 club and can outcorner the jeeps all day:brow: Most of the rigs we (family) go up against are high dollar builds, we drive an 84 hatch and soon 87 dl wagon. Cost to race 55-75 dollars, roll bar 150-300 dollars looks on the faces of the jeeps drivers faces we beat priceless........ for everything else there is a Subaru :banana:

i'm slowly getting into tsd... i've done 1 so far... trying to get into more but its kinda hard when you're completely broke...:-p

also trying to volunteer at stage rallies and tsd rallies... once again rather hard when broke...:rolleyes:

Road race a vintage/historic Formula Vee (68 Zink Z-5) with a long-term restoration project of a 69 Zink Z-8 sports racer. Will start on a 65 Cortina next off season. Funny thing, I modified (very little) the seating/pedal positions in my 87XT to be very similar to the Vee so its like road racing everyday!

Bill F

Road race a vintage/historic Formula Vee (68 Zink Z-5) with a long-term restoration project of a 69 Zink Z-8 sports racer. Will start on a 65 Cortina next off season. Funny thing, I modified (very little) the seating/pedal positions in my 87XT to be very similar to the Vee so its like road racing everyday!

Bill F

You have a Cortina!?!?!?!?!:headbang:

I would, but theres so many bloody rules here in australia. You have to have everything just about built and looked at by mech's and officals. All because of safty and insurance! So, I just have fun on the roads where its most dangerus with my brothers turbo ford...:rolleyes::burnout: