Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch for ej20 manual forester, with impreza gt's (ej20) engine

i replaced the engine in my 1999 forester (model x, i guess) with duel range manual transmittion, from atmospheric ej20 to impreza gt's engine: ej20 turbo.

the old clutch (really old) cannot handle the power of the new engine.

the space there is too small for the gt's clutch.

i need a suitable clutch.

the clutch cannot be ceramic, since i take my car off-road, and i need the possibility of half-clutch.

i know that there is ej20 manual turbo forester.

does anyone know this model? does it have the same transmission as in my car? does it's clutch fit my car?

i replaced the engine in my 1999 forester (model x, i guess) with duel range manual transmittion, from atmospheric ej20 to impreza gt's engine: ej20 turbo.

the old clutch (really old) cannot handle the power of the new engine.

the space there is too small for the gt's clutch.

i need a suitable clutch.

the clutch cannot be ceramic, since i take my car off-road, and i need the possibility of half-clutch.

i know that there is ej20 manual turbo forester.

does anyone know this model? does it have the same transmission as in my car? does it's clutch fit my car?

Clutch mechanism is different, the turbo is a pull type, where the N/A is a push type, the tranny for the turbo is different because of that. I think you can get a clutch for your Forester tranny setup the will hold up to the turbo, it would be a lot cheaper the doing the whole tranny swap, plus you'd be able to keep the D/R.