Ultimate Subaru Message Board

depends, i highly suggest using the search funtion, and also u can find pug's in the market place. Check Junkyards. you should be able to run a tire thats around 25 inches. anything bigger will take a little trimming. you could run some lower profile tires on 15's if ya want. I scored a set of 15 inch pug 505 alloys for 65 bucks at the junkyard. Just keep a eye out...

depends, i highly suggest using the search funtion, and also u can find pug's in the market place. Check Junkyards. you should be able to run a tire thats around 25 inches. anything bigger will take a little trimming. you could run some lower profile tires on 15's if ya want. I scored a set of 15 inch pug 505 alloys for 65 bucks at the junkyard. Just keep a eye out...
cool but i am trying ri rase the drive train up. an am thinking about putting heavier springs on to give it little more lift but but sure kind of springs to use. i am hoping to get at least 2-3 inches. i know it posible to do. and would i have to replace the shocks doing this? but thanks for the info.

This has been asked sooo many times, but what the hell.

For what it sounds like you're after I'd go with some rubber strut coil spring spacers and some for the rear shocks too. Might have to look around a bit but they are fairly common. You'll want the 3" ones for the front and 4 1" ones for the back, and borrow a tool to compress/extend the springs too. Total cost $60 tops.

Then slap on a set of 185/80's.

Total lift of about 2-3" depending on your springs condition.

I ran this setup on a twagon for over a year with no problems.

ATB

This has been asked sooo many times, but what the hell.

For what it sounds like you're after I'd go with some rubber strut coil spring spacers and some for the rear shocks too. Might have to look around a bit but they are fairly common. You'll want the 3" ones for the front and 4 1" ones for the back, and borrow a tool to compress/extend the springs too. Total cost $60 tops.

Then slap on a set of 185/80's.

Total lift of about 2-3" depending on your springs condition.

I ran this setup on a twagon for over a year with no problems.

ATB

cool i will have to look into that. if i was to replace the springs with heavier springs and put in the spacers, what springs would you sujest

ok I gotta couple things for you to look at(you really should learn how to do at least SOME of your own research tho):

heres the most recent thread of my build(only one that still has pictures up :rolleyes: ):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52707

FAQ(you BETTER read this before you got anymore questions):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980

this is a write up I followed for my lift(I did some things differant however)

http://subarubrat.com/hasseylift.htm

oh I highly recomend you pic up a factory service manual, it wont really help you much with the lift, but trust me you'll want it when it comes to fixing stuff you broke in the process.

also for rear shocks, I made a darned good post in this thread earlier today, read it:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54721

ok I gotta couple things for you to look at(you really should learn how to do at least SOME of your own research tho):

heres the most recent thread of my build(only one that still has pictures up :rolleyes: ):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52707

FAQ(you BETTER read this before you got anymore questions):

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24980

this is a write up I followed for my lift(I did some things differant however)

http://subarubrat.com/hasseylift.htm

oh I highly recomend you pic up a factory service manual, it wont really help you much with the lift, but trust me you'll want it when it comes to fixing stuff you broke in the process.

i have been doing a lot of research ans a lot of reading here. but am asking for some differebt idea on how to go about it is all. and thanks for the tips i will read up on them.

i have been doing a lot of research ans a lot of reading here. but am asking for some differebt idea on how to go about it is all. and thanks for the tips i will read up on them.

are you working with an ea81 or ea82?

suspension lifts arent incredilbly popular among subarus because of the increase in axle stress and failure... it is still done alot, but many people rebuild their axles using differant parts that can hold up to the stress better and also drop the engine/tranny craddle and the rear differantial carrier. if you go with a suspension lift you WILL ecounter problems driving on the street because your camber will be thrown pretty far off and you will have to be creative when trying to find a solution, because its either not easy, or will require a ton of fab work. you can use struts of differant vehicles to gain the amount of lift you want, but dont ask me for details because I havent done it, theres tons of information about that. there are also tons of information about springs and cartridges out there too, but again I dont know details. somethings i have heard of that you might try searching for are scorpion springs and toyota startlet(sp?) cardtridges.

i dont know anything about struts, but if you fit a higher rate spring thats the same length, or a taller spring you will also have to change the shock cartridges accordingly. you may be able to find most of the information for that by looking at spring and shock specification/applications guides that you find at most parts stores.

are you working with an ea81 or ea82?

suspension lifts arent incredilbly popular among subarus because of the increase in axle stress and failure... it is still done alot, but many people rebuild their axles using differant parts that can hold up to the stress better and also drop the engine/tranny craddle and the rear differantial carrier. if you go with a suspension lift you WILL ecounter problems driving on the street because your camber will be thrown pretty far off and you will have to be creative when trying to find a solution, because its either not easy, or will require a ton of fab work. you can use struts of differant vehicles to gain the amount of lift you want, but dont ask me for details because I havent done it, theres tons of information about that. there are also tons of information about springs and cartridges out there too, but again I dont know details. somethings i have heard of that you might try searching for are scorpion springs and toyota startlet(sp?) cardtridges.

i dont know anything about struts, but if you fit a higher rate spring thats the same length, or a taller spring you will also have to change the shock cartridges accordingly. you may be able to find most of the information for that by looking at spring and shock specification/applications guides that you find at most parts stores.

i have a ea82 its an 88GL 5spd d/r

I'm not reccomending stiffer springs just spacers that make them stiffer, it's just a chunk of rubber 3" tall and about 1" by 2" wide. This goes in your stru springs anywhere really. They are cheap, and there are drawbacks but they are very minor. Same deal with the back just strech open the spring a bit slide the rubber in.

The only stiffer springs out there are the ones for the rx.