Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big Air contest?

Here ya go:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17625&highlight=jump+video+aus

There's a video link in there from Junkie..

http://www.funonwheels.net/audio_video/fossvidhi.mpg

Later in the post they mention that it crumpled the passenger side of the car, pushed the strut towers up into the hood, ripped the tranny cross-meber out of the frame, and bent the rear diff hanger.... probably more. The car was retired obviously... and the driver was real stiff for a while... lol

Over 2 meters of air.

GD

the last time i tried to catch air with my legacy off a speed bump....i forgot that i had my spare trans in the back and all i saw in my rear view mirror was the trans catching air and almost hitting the roof..then a big thud!!

:eek:

*note to self-never do that again*

the last time i tried to catch air with my legacy off a speed bump....i forgot that i had my spare trans in the back and all i saw in my rear view mirror was the trans catching air and almost hitting the roof..then a big thud!!

:eek:

*note to self-never do that again*

hahaha. So you always carry along a spare tranny with u?:-p jumping is fun, but i leave it to my bike or ATV's. or cough other peoples cars cough :brow:

hahaha. So you always carry along a spare tranny with u?:-p jumping is fun, but i leave it to my bike or ATV's. or cough other peoples cars cough :brow:

some people carry spare axles,i had a trans...(i had to empty out the storage unit an no place to put it)finally got it out last week.

i normally don't try jumping but i figured i'd test my shocks and see if by chance i'd get air..