Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have an Impreza RS SW '05 what should I use on the roof racks & the sideview mirrors. Heard I can use armoral & people say no don't use that, can dull & make racks look white. What are you people using?

Aerospace 3000

I have an Impreza RS SW '05 what should I use on the roof racks & the sideview mirrors. Heard I can use armoral & people say no don't use that, can dull & make racks look white. What are you people using?

If the roof rack and side mirrors are made of black plastic, try something called "bumper black". It is a cream that you wipe onto what you're cleaning, rub it in, then wipe off the excess. Works on anything made of black plastic (door handles, rub strips, grilles, etc.).

AVOID ARMORAL AT ALL COSTS! Once you use it, you can never stop unless it is cleaned off. It speeds up deteroration if you stop using it, on top of the white shiny appearance.

Another vote for Areospace 3000 . A buddy of mine showed me this 4 or 5 yrs ago. He uses it on his Kayak and then started using it on his basic black dull Toyota bumpers. It is OUTSTANDING. Available at any outdoor sports shops. Here in northern NJ, I get it at EMS outdoor sports shops.

Does a great job on the dashboard and interior also.

AVOID ARMORAL AT ALL COSTS! Once you use it, you can never stop unless it is cleaned off. It speeds up deteroration if you stop using it, on top of the white shiny appearance.

Is this for the inside plastics as well? Dash, door, arm rest etc.? Aerospace 3000 for the inside too. I just recently got an 2006 OBW. I've already used the Armoral for my inside cleaning:eek:

Help...I want my interior to last right along side of My my new Subie's Mechanical Longevity.

99miles

Help...I want my interior to last right along side of My my new Subie's Mechanical Longevity.

99miles

Don't panic--Armorall isn't going to eat your plastic! Just wash it off with warm water and a gentle detergent (like Dawn), rinse and dry.

Then apply your dressing of choice. This Aerospace 3000 sounds interesting--I'm gonna' look into it.

I've been using an aerosol can of silicone lubricant for years with good, long-lasting results. Just spray it on a clean cloth to apply (don't spray it directly on the plastic or you'll get an uneven "wet look").