Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tranny Swap????

Hey LUVMYBRAT This is Jerry, i make a 5 speed kit that lets you install a 5 speed dual range tranny in your brat and it looks stock. I don't make the rear drive line i have a shop do that. The 5 speed is the only way to go on your brat it makes it alot more fun to drive. You send me some of your old 4 speed and some of the 5 speed parts then i rework them for this kit. The kit is 100.00 pluse shipping. Thanks Jerry

Hey Luvmybrat This is Jerry, i don't do any thing to the tranny. What i do is the shift linkage and the tranny mounts so it will fit in your brat and look stock. If you are interested in a kit, then you need to send me some of youe 4 speed parts and some of your 5 speed parts. Then i rework them and send them back to you. The kit cost 100.00 pluse shipping. Thanks Jerry

hey thanks for the info. but I cured my dilema, turns out my linkage between hi\lo was bein a little testy and wouldn't engage properly causing the grinding \ no gear scenario. but that has changed now after having the engine out for the third time in 7 days.also determined that my other 4speed d\r is is good shape and just needs one little piece of linkage to work:banana: thanks again:wave: