Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheelin' in the mud

stinky

Yeah ... locked rear. Even then there were a few spots that I just sunk into and had to get snatched out of. Usually in the spots where everyone else was sensible enough to avoid the deep stuff :P

Two of the guys had slipperies and I wasn't really impressed by them ... nothing beats a locked rear diff.

First 2 seconds and Im like.. Hmm, Australia... Lol, weird how it's just so obvious.

Great choice of music. :clap: love it!

I need a better diff. So do you take an driveshaft out when you want to drive on the road? Or is it a locker?

• 2 weeks later...
Two of the guys had slipperies and I wasn't really impressed by them ... nothing beats a locked rear diff.

Ahem - who pulled WHO out Stinky? :brow: Which car DIDNT get bogged? :rolleyes:

Nah totally agree though - I'd love to get a locker. LSD will do for me though.

SuperSwampers are available, I personally don't rate them to highly.

Swampers are great if you use them for their inteneded use and you know how to drive..... And most of all, understand when you purchase them, that you aren't getting 50,000 miles out of them.

This is just my own experience (bar their new Irok), I'm sure others will find varying results depending on how and where they drive.

AGAINST:

They bag poorly at low pressures, the carcass crumples

The rubber compound doesn't stick to rocks as readily as a Cooper, BFG, Claws or MT/R

They are more susceptible to sidewall punctures than Cooper and BFG

They are cheaply built tires, similar to a Simex

FOR:

The only better tire in mud is the Simex Extreme Trekker

swampers have some of the hardest sidewalls Ive ever seen.BFG you have to guard the sidewalls.granted they are mud tires that work in a lot of situations.they dont work on rocks?why do so many people in rockcrawling competions have them?Maybe your experiance is with the old bias construction TSL's or boggers.

We're not in wet season here either ... in fact we're in a drought with all sorts of crazy water restrictions. When we do get the occasional rain it isn't hitting the catchment areas for the dams so about all it's good for is wheelin' in :)