Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Primitive RallyCross school in early August

From Paul Eklund:

And then a PRG RallyCross event on Sunday Aug 6th at Straddleline ORV 16 miles west of Olympia.

I know most of you already know all about this, but please spread the word to car clubs, friends, workers and people who might be interested in learning more about rally and sharpening their rally driving skills. I will work personally with all experienced drivers to help improve driving line and habits. I think most stage rallyists who have attended any of my classes feel they got some benefit and learned something new.

I have been asked to put on a Rally Driving School on Sat August 5th at the Straddleline ORV Park just west of Olympia. I will use a rally cross-type course, so it will be open to all cars (street and rally) and the format will be 2 hours of ground school (just on DRIVING), then about 6 hours of driving exercises and a fun graduation course which will be timed. No driving suits required, but bring a helmet if you have one...

I may come up Friday night and might do a little extra seminar session that night open to anyone. Kinda a "campfire talk" on rally... or else we will just play poker and "bench race."

Please contact me if interested and to REGISTER: pauleklund@msn.com

With the help of PRG the price has been reduced to $125 for just the day (Sat) which includes personalized instruction, the Primitive Performance Driving Course Book, and plenty of runs on a wide, graded track in front of the grandstands. $30 discount to anyone who has taken one of my other courses.

More details to follow, and some already posted at: www.get-primitive.com

So, Sat Aug 5th is now a Rally School at ORV park and that's right, Sunday Aug 6th is a RallyCross (not a rally sprint) at the ORV Park, put on by PRG.

The sprints will be Janice's Jaunt and Ray's Ramble Rally Sprint in Montesano on Aug 12-13th. I am not yet sure who is sanctioning those sprints, so I do not know what rules they will run under... I think they are still busy preparing for the Brooklyn Bash (July 29th) www.historicbrooklyntavern.com/rallycross.htm and will get details about the SPRINTS up after that.......

Is there a Schedule for the RallyX yet?
From Erik on the nasioc board:

icon_rally.gifRally-x Sunday Aug 6th, Straddleline ORV park!

Tentative schedule for the rally-x on Sunday:

8am tech inspection

9am First Car Out

Run groups TBA based on attendance.

I believe the cost is $30.

Come out and support the PRG Rally-x series! The more people we can get out to the events this year, the greater the chances of a WA rally-x series next year. The organizers are hoping there is enough interest locally to support a full WA rally-x series next year. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif