Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ford fuel pump part number for ea 82

ok after two hours of searching found that there is a possible ford fuel pump swap for ea82. my dampner on the fuel pump is leaking. few drips at first but now it leaking even more. my question is can somebody send me a link to the ford part number for the pump. i know it must have been there but i did not see it. or a link to the thread with that info. i also seen something on taking off the dampner. i think the wagon i have been pulling parts off at the j/y of may still have the pump on it. i hope so keep me rollin in cheap mpg. if not i am going to be driving the big block ford to work. ouch!!!!! thanks again. Ken:brow:

as far as i can see there is no difference on the pump type in the three engine types that they showfor ford. 6cyl. as well as both 8cyl. that is on advance web site and parts bin as well. now that is for a 1990 ford f-150 did not look under the f-250 or larger though. but there are two pumps one in tank the other in line. that is what i have found. so far

Depending on the Ford application, there is either one ONLY in the tank OR... There is one in the tank for priming the system (drawing from the tank) and one in line on the frame rail to actually provide the pressure to run the system. On the two pump systems, the one in the tank is completely useless by itself as it is a high volume low pressure pump strictly for 'moving' fuel.

you know i wonder some people sleep at night i just got back from the junkyard. you belive they want 40 bucks for a fuel pump. wtf!!!! i dont get it. i cant test and the two cars they have one was sunk up to the windows. and the other was hit on the passenger side right by the pump.

i guess that is why my favorite junk yard is out of subarus. now this yard said they would sell it to me for 15 cause i cant test it. and if it did not work they would give my money back, but the other said they would give me a warranty but if did not work i could only get yard credit and not my money back.WTF!!!! OH WELL i guess i might have to hit you up GD on that pump. how much do think to shipto 32218. sorry more ranting.:lol:

If you can't find the JY one, I can get them from my local yards for $16. Shipping shouldn't be much.

GD

well i had no luck finding on in the junkyard that was not either sunk up to the windows in water and the other was hit on the passenger side. i am intrested in one if you can get it for me. thank you for offering your time to get the pump. 88 gl single port injection if that makes a difference. again thank you.