Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Junkyard spotted

Front wheel drive 79 wagon with right around 100K on it. I snagged three parts from it but if you own one of these and are local you really should go check it out. Its at Action Auto Salvage in Aurora CO , a pull a part yard with decent prices.

Its kindof a golden yellow color and its an automatic.

I grabbed the carb shield, DL emblem and the Automatic emblem from the rear lift gate. $3/ea plus cheapie shipping. Emblems are in VERY good condition. The car has A/C and the weirdest clutch fan setup I have ever seen on a Subaru. Sadly the car looks like it would drive out and except for the tops of the fenders is pretty much rust free.

Boy, if someone had some tin snips, I could use the sheet metal on the right lower area, right behind the rear wheel. (The painted exterior metal, from the bottom up 6". Makes for an easier repair.

I totally understand what you mean...i needed those parts for mine 16 years ago!

Federal auto parts in Riverton Wy has 2 70's wagons in real nice shape. One has hood vents, the other doesn't. Most all the interior and exterior was there. Didn't look too close, we were tresspassing after hours. It's a closed yard, so I'd suggest doing the same and then asking to buy the whole car.