Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Fuel Pump + Fuel Issues/Upgrades

Jibs

So the lifted Brat broke down again todaY. ANOTHER fuel issue.:mad: So I am DONE with the stock setup. I tried a search, but couldn't find a lot of info on upgrading the ea81 fuel pump and fuel related mods. What I want to do is relocate the fuel pump into the engine compartment for easier access, as well as upgrading it to handle being further away from the tank. Is anyone running a bigger better flowing pump? I am also thinking of doing away with the hardlines that run before the pump and through the cab, if I run a 3/8" rubber line from the tank to the pump, would it work? I'm sure I'd have to adjust the carb a bit, but would that be too much gas/pressure etc..? Also, the 2wd hatch gas tank DOES work in lifted rigs right? I have a 4/3" lift kit. I'm tired of having fuel related issues in the Brat an want them fixed. Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post.

• 2 weeks later...

Save a ton of money and put the SPFI on.

Or - spend probably close to what you are considering, and go LPG.

Either option will run at any angle = much nicer for off-road.

Here's a better option than that edelbrock pump if you go the fuel system replacement route:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRT%2DP4070&N=700+115&autoview=sku

GD

• 6 years later...