Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pine Barrens Trail Run ***THIS SATURDAY Oct. 14th**** NY/NJ/PA/CT Northeast

We'll be hitting the almighty Pine Barrens a.k.a. Wharton St. Forest starting at the ranger station on Rt. 206 in Atsion,NJ

Sandy trails,nothing too crazy.Bring a tow strap just incase.Always smart to have a small shovel and some board or something to get traction on,but it's pretty light duty.We can make it hairy by going faster.:slobber::banana:

Occassional water action.

Date?

Well,that's up in the air.October __????? Saturdays are best but we'll consider a Sunday run.

All I know if that my son and I and maybe the whole family this time,will be camping out,probably in the Batso camping area (state) or right in the Barrens like last time we went.That's rustic out there.Batso camping area is a decent little state run facility.Has toilets and showers.

Talk to me.Has to be pretty soon.Don't want to wake up with frost on the pumpkin!

:)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll likely be a somewhat short notice from me as to when we are going.

My son's birthday is coming up and we definitely want to go around then and before Thanksgiving.

You folks are welcome to post your prefered dates too.:D

Saturdays are best.

Holy dukey it's October as I write this!!!! :-\

How about two weeks from now?

never can tell if I am getting off or not at work. work a single and end up covering a double. if a date is planned early and I can swing it, I'll be their. need to get out and have a fun drive. is this for street drivers or not. this is my daily driver. would like to keep parts on it for as long as possible. still a fun drive is great! I'll keep after this post to see what is happening.

never can tell if I am getting off or not at work. work a single and end up covering a double. if a date is planned early and I can swing it, I'll be their. need to get out and have a fun drive. is this for street drivers or not. this is my daily driver. would like to keep parts on it for as long as possible. still a fun drive is great! I'll keep after this post to see what is happening.

It's sandy trail riding.Sometimes the trails have high centers but we never really have a problem.You can always park your car and ride along with someone too.

It's sandy trail riding.Sometimes the trails have high centers but we never really have a problem.You can always park your car and ride along with someone too.

how far from new york city? riding with someone else is not the same. that said I am no fool either, may ride with someone first then drive my car if it looks okay. as long as the high centers are not rocks I will try it.

no rocky high centers....heck i don't even know if there are any rocks in there at all. :lol: its just sand....and lots of it.

For those who don't know or remember...I took a brand new 02 outback in there once many years ago. Nothing happened to it at all.

Some of the trails are pretty tame...I saw a PT cruiser in there once. Go and enjoy yourself...it is a good time! :headbang:

Yeah,but I'm thinking we might not be able to do it untill the following weekend,let me check.

That being the case the date would be Saturday October 21st.

Would that work for you guys?

Nothing set in stone yet,so let me check about the 14th and if that works for us I hope it does for you guys too.

14th or 21st

Matt,Dave,other PA people???

Mike in NJ? Frank?

CT people??

NY guys??

ok lets just try this...who can go and when can you go, list all available/willing days. i'll take what i get and set a date that allows the majority to go, the more people the better. if your not sure of a day dont put it down, only days that you KNOW you can do this. it would be cool to do an overnight trip so we can get some night driving in, i want to test my lights. :banana:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65445

i'll give eveyone a couple days to figure it out, then i'll set that date. so get back to me asap.

thanks guys!

ok lets just try this...who can go and when can you go, list all available/willing days.

gee,I wish I'd thought of that :)

Hey,here's the latest.Sorry,but delays take time you know.;) :-p

THIS SATURDAY!!!! OCTOBER 14th the day after Friday the 13th! You are invited to join me in the land of the infamous Jersey Devil!!! Woooooo,scary!!!!

As of this moment I will have our '89 touring wagon.I'm going into this EXPECTING THE WORST.The car has rot,loosing the carrier bearing makeshift support I put on.Gonna need all the duct tape and coat hangers I can muster up.:lol:

Meet at the Red Lion Diner?? Intersection of Rt. 206 and rt.70....or down the road there's a diner closer to the ranger station at Atsion WHERE WE MEET BEFORE GOING INTOTHE WOODS.There's a huge grassy area to park on and put the hoods up,etc. wait a bit for the gang to show up.

Everyone should bring a tow strap,maybe a shovel,a board,etc. for the possibility that you'll get a little stuck in sand.Nobody is going to call you a nerd for being well prepared.

My son and I might camp out the night before.I'll update that info near the end of the week.Anyone else?

It's only a little over 2 hours from Bridgeport,CT as long as you leave early.

Wharton State Forest-Atsion ranger's station Rt. 206 in Atsion NJ if you can't make the diner..........10 AM -10:30AM

Email or PM for cell phone # exchange.