Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'96 Legacy roasts mitsu eclipse

Just a little story to share...so I'm driving home from work today and get stopped at a light near the local high school and this kid rolls up next to me with what I think was a mitsubishi eclipse with some glass pack muffler or something on it and a wing on the back. He's clearly indicating the desire to go for it so I figure why not and punch the 96 2.2L AT legacy wagon off the line and he can't catch up. I drop off around the speed limit and he's riding along side me maybe checking out all the gauges mounted on the dash wondering how I beat him tho this legacy has nothing special. I guess in fairness I think he dropped the clutch a little too early and then he bumped his rev limiter on the 1-2 shift. But it was fun nonetheless on a friday drive home from work!

I predict this thread will turn into "USMB roasts streetracing legacy driver"

As long as it stay's within the speed limit, I see no problem. It must have been fun to watch the kid in the rearview mirror.

*edit* Wholly dam! Noah's fast. He musta pulled my by a good second on the response time. Followed my prediction though.

Both post times = 6:47