Ultimate Subaru Message Board

steel vacuum lines under the manifold..easy removal?

Is there an easy way of removing these lines from under the manifold. If i was to convert to a weber i would want to clean up the underhood appearance a bit. anyone got an opinion on this one? Is there enough space to slip them out and unbolt them without taking the manifold off again. I know im just being lazy so sue me lol.

If one does not care about ever using the tubes again, they can be removed without pulling manifold. You have to bend the crap out of them, and I think I had to cut one or two, but they can be removed with manifold on.

EA82 ones probably could be - but there's a couple bolts on the EA81 manifold that I'm pretty sure you couldn't get to without pulling it. But I might be wrong. I too tried this a long time ago. The bolts on the EA82 manifold are on the sides, and two of the the EA81 bolts are on the bottom where a wrench will not fit.

GD

EA82 ones probably could be - but there's a couple bolts on the EA81 manifold that I'm pretty sure you couldn't get to without pulling it. But I might be wrong. I too tried this a long time ago. The bolts on the EA82 manifold are on the sides, and two of the the EA81 bolts are on the bottom where a wrench will not fit.

GD

Agreed.I noticed that as well when working on either manifold.Ea81 definately needs to be pulled.