Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i'm lookin for an engine project. i'm thinkin reliable 350-400bhp boosted. what would be the best engine for that? i have the time to do extensive engine work if need be. i was thinkin use the EG33. larger displacment should hit thoes #'s with less stress than others. but lets say i wanted to put it in a late 90's Impreza. major space issues? i have fab skills. or would the EJ22 be best?

i'd look into the EG33. in stock form it won't accept much boost, but if you're talking about a full rebuild of the engine you could install low compression pistons. if you're looking for numbers that high it won't be a bad idea to start with a new motors, bearings and such.

the EG33 has some aftermarket support, i'm sure there are numbers and figures out there for what an EG33 with a turbo will produce. stock will have to be low boost.

thats what i was thinkin. regardless of what engine i use, i plan to spend the time and do it right. get the heads ported, cams, balance and blueprint the whole motor, o-ring the block. has anyone done the closed deck mod like on this site http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1444721 ? if so, what kinda results have been seen?

huck just completed an EG33 swap into an XT6 - check it out over at http://www.xt6.net if you're interested. let me know if you sign up and i'll make sure you're account is verified quickly. (we have a sign up system to prevent spam).

there are also a couple turbo wrx engines swaps in the XT platform over there as well. huck did all the work himself on his EG33 so he has alot to offer in terms of advice. i helped him with 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004% of the work, i sent him a wiring connector.