Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone got a gen 1 heater core for me?

Yes,getting very hard to find.Might be a good group buy item again,if we can have some made or reman'd.Times are good for shopping around,since work is getting hard to come by for a lot of folks.

I'd hoped to find one in that parts lot we got but no dice.:-\

i would be interested in a group buy to depending on the price...

mine only gives me slightly warmed air... and only really works when it's hot outside...:rolleyes:

quick question... how do i get to the old one!?! i have the dash out and stuff but i still can't really see and easy way to get to the heater core... special way to do it?

thanks

I think we could get someone to fabricate them. I'm sure we could get together an order of 25 or so as an incentive.

Put me in for 3

Paul??

Todd

Sure,I'd do two,for sure.

Are the Stage I and Stage II the same?? I'll be able to answer my own question when I dig out my manuals again.:-\

Sure,I'd do two,for sure.

Are the Stage I and Stage II the same?? I'll be able to answer my own question when I dig out my manuals again.:-\

I think gen 1 and 2 are different, but not sure.

Ok......where do we start in getting these fabricated?? I can talk to someone locally, but I am so tight on time, I like to turf that to someone else. I will call the one shop I use alot and see what they say.

Todd

Hello Gentlemen, I have returned!!!!! Gen 2 core is about an inch larger all the way around and the inlet and outlet pipes are completely different, it would take some fancy mod's to make it work in a gen 1. Just my long lost two cents :)

Hi Trudy,Welcome back.....no honey,we're talking about Stage I and Stage II.:) Or,at least that's what I was talking about.

Stage I - '72-'77 early

Stage II - '77 late thru '79 for cars.

All '77-'81 Brats are a "Stage II" but also "Gen I of the Brat.

Still haven't checked any manuals yet.