Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any good write ups/tutorials to rally techique?

scrap487

well I was out tonight making up my own course at a fred meyers parking lot between all the posts and stuff since we have some snow on the ground, "practiced" around it for about an hour and a half and also helped an employee get their vehicle started(karma points for the day...).

Anyways, short of messing around more, driving with someone else etc... I'm wondering what I can do to learn about this type of driving while I'm just sitting here at home on the computer.

Any good resources?

got to say colin mcrae 04 or 05 is one of the better rally games ever. it is as dead on as you can get for a video game.

Dain']Dude' date=' get your self an X-Box and the game Rally Sport Challenge 2... fookin' awsome game to get a good idea of how cars handle, not kidding. just remember: Soobs rock the noobs![/quote']

I have both of those games. Rallysport is a little more realistic. I guess u could search for writeups on line. Ive been playing around with driving styles for a few years now. If u want I can tell u some tips for drifting and sliding cars around. I took 3rd in my first rally x. And bassic car control.

http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm

Extremely cheap for what you get out of it. May even get you out of a "Stunting" ticket at Fred's parking lot (do they ticket people for stunting down there?)

It's called reckeless driving, or at least neglegent. Probably cost a license too.

Yep, enroll in the rally school. Everybody I know who took it said it helped them.

Rally video games work too. They'll give you the basic idea of how to set up a car for a turn or drift. They'll teach you about how to pick a line too. The school will let you apply what the game teaches you. (this from a guy who never took the school, but consistantly places on the podium)