Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auto X

suberdave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine? Me of course. who else? ROFL

JIC front camber plates, custom slotted out more for EXTRA caster.

Front shocks revalved and re-fluid'ed'ed'ed for extra rebound and compression, 8k springs.

Tein rear coilover system w/9k springs.

custom offset bushings for the leading rods for an extra +2.5 deg of caster.

All bushings replaced with SuperPro for the A10/A11 chassis.

50.0% cross weight at 1/2 fuel level.

Mine? Me of course. who else? ROFL

JIC front camber plates, custom slotted out more for EXTRA caster.

Front shocks revalved and re-fluid'ed'ed'ed for extra rebound and compression, 8k springs.

Tein rear coilover system w/9k springs.

custom offset bushings for the leading rods for an extra +2.5 deg of caster.

All bushings replaced with SuperPro for the A10/A11 chassis.

50.0% cross weight at 1/2 fuel level.

Whoops, that was a typo. I meant to say HOW did you setup the car.

But you saw thru my mistake and answered the question:cool:

I intend to get out and do it next summer. although I'll get screwed by the classes if I ever want to get very competitive because of the engine swap....

yeah me too. engine swap, on the fly struts (EDFC), and struts that do not use the stock mounts. all put me into Prepared class. i beleave. but i read in the SCCA rule book that all open prepared cars need a role bar. witch i dont have.

dose that mean i cant race?

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

yeah me too. engine swap, on the fly struts (EDFC), and struts that do not use the stock mounts. all put me into Prepared class. i beleave. but i read in the SCCA rule book that all open prepared cars need a role bar. witch i dont have.

-=Suberdave=-

well, up here you can enter in the 'SI' class. which I believe stands for special interest. it's not competitive at all, just for people having fun. only rule is that you can't enter in it again if you've won it in the past...

also, I've heard there may be a loophole for me, since my donor car was the same year as my loyale ('92).

actually with a bit of experience your xt6 should be damn near competitive, keep it in stock class with some sticky rubber you should be heading or leading class.

stock rx, gl, loyal, ext... will have a bit of issue, not with acceleration or initial turn-in but constant shifting from left to right and back again.

people using front drive only will plow a touch on initial turn-in but with a little finesse and abrupt movement should have a bit of snap over steer before plowing on the apposing direction.

i've used 4-low and this stabilizes both turn-in and return however it also expands on the plowing upon corner exits (this is what i've found) i realize that it sounds contrary to logic and others may disagree

185/70/13r is a good all-round size but after about three runs i found that the tires will start shaving the treads edge. a bit of lower tire pressure will help even the wear but reduce turn-in response

for pavement i use 32-34psi front (hotter track = higher pressure [observe tire warnings])

28-32psi rear, using seat of pants for this helps. if its hard to turn higher pressure, gets loose to often lower pressure. i often leave it at 30psi.

older cars---watch your tack. no rev-limiter

most important.....

its no fun if you break your car on the first run, keep it safe and ask your peers for advice

It wasn't easy to find, but here's the Western Washington Sports Car Council website. Just click on the "schedule" link. They have one this Sunday! I might have to go. :D

...of course I only have snow tires for my XT. I put them on the wheels that came with the car, planning to buy more performance oriented wheels and tires in a few months.

actually with a bit of experience your xt6 should be damn near competitive, keep it in stock class with some sticky rubber you should be heading or leading class.
I was just looking at the stock class rules. Looks like I'll have to find some 14" wheels and tires. Were 15's available on XT6's? I also have to figure out if my suspension is OK, since it's been changed over from air suspension to struts.

-=Suberdave=-

SCCA Rules only require a rollbar for Solo Trials, AutoX only requres it in an open top car. I AutoX an EP Honda and I just have a welded in harness bar for 4 point harness. It sounds like your car fits nicely into SM with the engine swap which was intended for street cars with engine swaps etc. Unlike my Honda which will never see the street again.

Now that the lower balljoints and front wheel bearings are all taken care of it's off to RallyX for my Legacy...

I was just looking at the stock class rules. Looks like I'll have to find some 14" wheels and tires. Were 15's available on XT6's? I also have to figure out if my suspension is OK, since it's been changed over from air suspension to struts.

perhaps someone can answer that better...i don't actually know if you chassis was available with fixed struts