Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Subaru, between a rock and a hard spot (clip wash photo's...) subaru in a crack...

Rooinater

well, an all day recon run, to find locate and map out clip wash with gps coordinates for the yuma 4 wheelers. needless to say... didn't break anything on saturday. but got plenty of body damage. was stratling a couple hundred foot long crack, back tire slipped and oops... took it easy backed out as far as i could, got hung on a rock on the rear passenger door. so i played it safe, got winched forward. no stub breakage all day! :headbang::banana: and we were wheeling pretty hard all day.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

You "rock" Jared! :clap: get it? lol

Sweet pics man. Did you make it thru this?

IMG_4860.jpg

not yet, i copied and pasted the recon run report that i posted on the yuma 4 wheelers forum. it was within the first 1/4 mile of the trail, out of close to 15 miles. as soon as i get the tcase skid plate, i'll attempt it. there's a tcase hanger dead center of that climb. nice rock pointing out.

Thanks for sharing.

How come you hung your cloths out to dry on the cable? Looks kinda dry out there to be getting wet. :confused::brow::drunk:

keep that cable from lashing back, breaking my window and killing me... :eek:

Holy cow Jared, thats some rough stuff. Is there going to be anything left of your rig to bring back to WA?:-p

Your going to think the stuff we got up here is boring after all that

there will be some left of my rig when i get back and sell it, it's only body damage. i'll be selling it with another wagon body, 2 engines, spare 5 speed d/r and tcase. the wheeling down here has traction, up there it doesn't. so i'll have to get used to slick surface and squeezing between trees again!

yes buy a winch

yeah, for my yota... :-p i'm selling lil roo with all the stuff in the above post when i get back to washington, so july she'll be being sold. i'll miss her, she's my first car and has well over $6k invested into her over the years. :( but you gotta do what you gotta do. always, moving forward, never backwards. and i need the money to buy more parts for the yota.

• 2 years later...
Bummer, the pics where deleted before I got to see them. wished I had known about the clothe on the cable trick before I had a pull strap break and the hook dented my back panel on my wagon. was just lucky it did not hit the back glass.

Yep...just one heavy coat will do it too....just keeps the whipping down some.