Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finally a post on this other motor im building

so as some of you know im building a turbo ea82, bar no expense this is going to be sick motor, thought about a twin turbo but the space is not there, so i thing im going for a single front mount garret t-3, mounting the turbo to the side in front of radiator and putting the intercooler right of the turbo beside it, the intake for the turbo wound be a K&N right on the turbo, im using the rare spider intake flipped around so the throttle is facing foward, im having the bottom end completely done out with harding and shotpeening, full balance and blueprinting, JE pistons, true seal rings(file fit) and 8.5 to 1 compression, copper head gasket, shaved gen 3 heads with port and polish, 5 angle valve job, and stainless valves, stock cams, ported and polished intake, arp engine bolt kit(complete), a garret t-3 from turbonetics with ball bearing and ceramic to super 70 a\r trim, this turbo is for a dodge charger, my other addiction, i will be using ej25 injectors and SDS ENGINE MANEGMENT, all this with an rx transmision, act clutch, skip lightened flywheel, lsd rear, byb 3" lift in a 89 gl10 wagon, im aiming for 225hp any suggestions or idea' s also any manufactor for rods or cranks in proformance trim

or any other ea82 proformance parts,

thanks

scrapdaddy

thabjs about the cams, didnt know abbout them. im getting most of my machine work done by a local machine shop, like the shot peening and magna fluxing, and another shop for my balancing and blueprinting. im just using basic motor building technics. no pictures yet as most of the has yet to be done. im starting this as a winter builld up.

J,

the rotation of the spider is going to cause an interesting upper rad hose config (will be pointing at the distributor)

The manifold is a two part affair, you may beable to leave the bottom and just rotate the top.

Since you have choosen to put the turbo up front if you move the battery to the rear smugglers trunk (Trogdor copywrite) you may have room for twins.

Getting another Turbonetics may be a problem, I believe you have some lesser units you could use.

Twins are one of those hair brained ideas that just look sophat.

One bank of two cyl per turbo may prove retarded though.

Time to look into a wideband 02 setup, group buy on the new gen board right now will save a couple bucks.

Heat is an enemy you will be fighting with this proj.

Big scoop and hood vents?? I'm sure you know of a good rad to use.

The IC is going to share this area, may want to think about the WRC "V" setup

Other adds - underdrive lightweight harmonic dampner, H20 injection, high boost aux. injectors, NOx, scatter shield (diaper)

Bythesea short shifter setup, reinforced motor/tranny/dogbone mounts

Good luck - if anybody can jank this off - it B U