Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru leone ea82 87' wagon Stop lamp dash indicator help plzzzz!

something worth pointing out is that if it is just your reservoir warning light...it may stick in the low position so you may have to manually lift it.

Yes and its worth checking the cables to, i had that prob, did the brake bleeding end of prob. (I think the prob is wit the drum brakes the linings)

He/She said STOP LAMP indicator. not Brake Fluid. The stop lamp indicator lights when there is an imbalance in the rear brake light circuit, normally when a bulb is blown, but even then it should only light with the brake pedal depressed. There is a little device near one of the rear light modules (not sure which one on your model) that sends a voltage to the warning light if an imbalance is present, check that its plugged in properly. Poor wiring up of trailer and/or high stop lights can cause problems with these.

Somethng else to check, that can cause all kinds of weird problems. Did someone put a single pole bulb into the brake light socket? That will bridge the brake and running light circuit. You're dashlights and marker lights may come on when you hit the brakes, and also this would definately casue an imbalance. If you';re like me you leave you're headlights on all the time so the circuit is energized as soon as you turn the key. Just something to check.

I got a Nissan Altima for 500 bucks cause the guy didn't want to "dig into the wiring to track down electrical issues" He thought it was a short/ crossed wire. it was a $.99 cent bulb