Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Am I slightly REtarded?

Uberoo

I found a samurari that is in a trailer park.It looks like it has sat for atleast 5 years.All 4 tires are flat.There is a layer of dirt on the dash and seats about 1/4" thick.Its a black convertible with a 5 speed.I was about to go offer on it when the guy in the next trailer over said "Can I help You?".I said "do you know who owns this?" he said "don't do it,that guy is really nuts,he chases people off his property,even cops" so I left because I am rather small and I was just by myself.

Today on the other hand I might go offer $200 cash with a larger buddy who doesnt really take any sh*t.Just offer $200 then load on trailer I dont need to know why it was parked.Just Pay and damn near lay rubber getting out of there before he changes his mind.So am I slightly retarded?

After looking around I found an 81 toyota pickup with 2 spare 20R engines and a spare 22R engine and a spare front axle for 1500..me likes that option better plus the guy with the toy isnt a nut job,an old hippy yes,but no nut job.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe it's folks knocking at the door, and offering to do a guy "favors", that makes people "nut jobs"?

Out in my yard I have about 6 "projects" stacked up. It seems that the "idiots" arrive here in waves offering to do me all kinds of favors, and take my "cherished" junk of my hands for not very much money. Or, how about the guy that "wants" a Dodge mini van gas tank, because his is leaking, and mine doesn't only not leak, it has a $120 fuel pump in it, along with $20 worth of gas, but won't pay $20 for it. Or the old Frenchman that arrived at my door last winter, a time when there was 4' of snow down, and *thought* I should dig out one of my toys to GIVE him the hood emblem off of it. Or a neighborhood kid, that had to have an old Mustang car (that he drove out of here) a year ago, and still owes me $50 of a $200 purchase.

Yes...............I am one of those "nut jobs", proud of it, and seriously considering shooting the next A-Hole that bothers me.

well said........

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe it's folks knocking at the door, and offering to do a guy "favors", that makes people "nut jobs"?

Out in my yard I have about 6 "projects" stacked up. It seems that the "idiots" arrive here in waves offering to do me all kinds of favors, and take my "cherished" junk of my hands for not very much money. Or, how about the guy that "wants" a Dodge mini van gas tank, because his is leaking, and mine doesn't only not leak, it has a $120 fuel pump in it, along with $20 worth of gas, but won't pay $20 for it. Or the old Frenchman that arrived at my door last winter, a time when there was 4' of snow down, and *thought* I should dig out one of my toys to GIVE him the hood emblem off of it. Or a neighborhood kid, that had to have an old Mustang car (that he drove out of here) a year ago, and still owes me $50 of a $200 purchase.

Yes...............I am one of those "nut jobs", proud of it, and seriously considering shooting the next A-Hole that bothers me.

You know..............

Whenever I inquire about buying something:

1) I always ask for a price, someone who won't give you a price doesn't want to sell, or is "gearing" you around, no price: walk away.

2) If the price is too high, it simply means you do not see the value, the person selling values the item more than you, if you like you can leave an offer on a card, but don't be insulting, insult the guy and you will NEVER get a chance to buy.

3) The guy that has something to sell you is not an idiot, he's got, you don't, if you can't afford something it's your fault, not his.

4) Excuses: always put the blame for not buying something on you, not the seller, it's a small world, and what comes around usually goes around, coming back to bite you where the sun don't shine.

• 3 months later...