Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil pressure switch options

Are there any other vehicles(nissan?) that share the same oil pressure switch or sender with guage, as our ea81/ea82 cars? My guage drops to zero then come back up a few minutes later whenever it feels like scaring the crap out of me !!

Maybe I can find a deal on ebay or at the local boneyard from another car.

If not does anyone have a good used one to fit an ea81?

Are you looking for the gauge or the sender?

The sender should be availiable and cheap, as they were used in other makes. Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota, Geo/Chevrolet, Honda, Mazda. Anyways if your looking for a gauge dont mess with that. Get a mech. gauge they are cheap and only a small pain to install... If I remember right I had some trouble with the threads on the oil pump had to rig something... Cant remember if that was my brat or not.

Hope that helps.

-Sam

Are you looking for the gauge or the sender?

The sender should be availiable and cheap, as they were used in other makes. Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota, Geo/Chevrolet, Honda, Mazda. Anyways if your looking for a gauge dont mess with that. Get a mech. gauge they are cheap and only a small pain to install... If I remember right I had some trouble with the threads on the oil pump had to rig something... Cant remember if that was my brat or not.

Hope that helps.

-Sam

Just the sender. I have a mech. guage I could install but I really hate having it "sticking out" on the dash.