Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Report from Harry's in Hazleton, ASAP

I am gonna be in Quakertown, PA sunday, doing a job in NJ on monday, have tuesday off, so I need to find a Dual Range tranny out of an EA81 car..

can somebody check Harry's in Hazleton, PA, or the other one in Pennsburg, and or Allentown, and report back? I only have one day to figure out what I am gonna do...and depending on things.. getting a tranny out of a car can be difficult.

PLEASE, can somebody go look at Harry's tomorrow (Sunday or Monday), and let me know if they got one?

I appreciate it!!!

/mike

Michael Dominesey

mikldom@yahoo.com

i know there is one here in my local yard because i put it there, but i`m pretty far from quakertown. i was at harry's in hazelton 2 weeks ago and he had absolutly no ea81s, plenty of ej22s, and plenty on ea82s. i`m sure you'd at least find a 5sp d/r there.

Don't want to do a 5 speed, as I have a lift, and i have to put it in third a lot anyways.. if only there was a gear between 3 and 4th.. as I understand it.. the 5 speed is the exact same gearing with just a higher 5th gear.

ok.. now, how about the place in pennsburg and allentown?

I need one bad.

/mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

forgot to call you, sorry, but I figured you keep an eye on the board, so you could tell whats up.

I am actually gonna buy the extra engine/tranny combo from Joe in Jan, when I am back up here again..

I hope to have at least one spare tranny, and engine from now on.. I would not be suprised if I manage to get the tranny out of that ea81 4wd wagon in Greensboro, NC if I can.

Thanks for everything!! You are a definate assett to the board.. and I hope you are able to salvage what you can from your friends junkyard.. just don't let him rip you off!!!

You should ask for a donation from the board so you can get some stuff and store it if possible.. I would be willing to send you a couple of bux..

Thanks for everything!!

/mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Glad you got yourself through that. Hope the tranny works well for you.

:) Not enough room to store my own crap.....:lol: But I'm working on it.

I was a little surprised at Charlie's rather high price too. He was covering himself incase he didn't have one sitting around. And,he didn't,so he would have had to pull the tranny for you,etc.. He's a great guy and has taken care of me extremely well. (uncracked dashboard for my '73 Coupe,etc.etc......)

Somewhere around here there's a picture of your boy with my kids at Carlisle....it'll show up again.

Happy motoring!

He's a 'big'un' now, a 7 year old at 80 lbs!!

Since then, we have another one.. a 2 year old boy that is waay more active then the other one was..

My daughter from first marriage is now 14.. and I have her every weekend, and most days of the week too, when I am at home.

Life is good.. love all 3 of my kids (I don't even think I am a grown up yet)

Is their still an east coast sube get together? I would definately make the next one.

yeah, look up that picture.. I rember your kids and wife ;)

have a good one!!!

/mike

:) Not enough room to store my own crap.....:lol: But I'm working on it.

I was a little surprised at Charlie's rather high price too. He was covering himself incase he didn't have one sitting around. And,he didn't,so he would have had to pull the tranny for you,etc.. He's a great guy and has taken care of me extremely well. (uncracked dashboard for my '73 Coupe,etc.etc......)

Somewhere around here there's a picture of your boy with my kids at Carlisle....it'll show up again.

Happy motoring!