Ultimate Subaru Message Board

11/10 tour of grime.

TeamCF

Went for a tour around the Clackamas River Ranger District with scoobyclimbs.

(Basicly the area between Mt.Hood and Mt. Jefferson)

Started out by going up Goat Mt. (I just love that climb, the reward is the view)

Then headed for the Mt. Jefferson/ Olallie Lake area.

Lots of pics were taken, but most are not on my camera.

But I'll share what I got on mine.

SCrock.jpg

SC leaving a muddy/rocky play area. I think we had more fun on the trails going in and leaving than once in the gravel pit. The mud was like grease and none of the fun climbs were happening without swampers and Linclon Lockers.

One hill was just a slip n slide.

topofgoat1.jpg

At the top of Goat.

SCdownfromgoat.jpg

Leaving Goat.

TCFpuddle1.jpg

Had to stop and give him my camera. (batteries died)

(I though we agreed not to stop once under way in that part of the trail...)

TCFpuddle2.jpg

Back underway. After this the trail ceased to exist so we turned around and did it again.

'bout all I got.

Fun times. The wheeling went well into the night. Got to use the overhead lights alot.

I got a wierd vibration from the engine when climbing hills on the highway now though. Gonna check it out, change my rear diff oil and give it some more. :)

That must have been awesome sorry I missed out

It was good times. The water was a bit intimidating at first. Looked real soft on the bottom. It was, but only a few inches of mud, then rock.

We have to just plan way ahead and get the bunch of us going. :)

Hey let me know the next time you guys head up Goat. I've been up South Fork several times over the last 30 years but I haven't been up goat yet.

No problem. :)

I head up there quite often actually.

Keep wanting to make a night run one weeknight to see the city lights from up there, but the last time I tried I got up to the point of turning off the pavement but decided it was just way too windy. I figured it would not be fun to get up there, find I can't stand in the wind, and maybe find I have to clear the rail to get down. So I came home.

Next time it looks like the weather might be clear and I have time I'll proly head up there. (it's best when you can see the view)

Or maybe sooner.

I'll let ya know.

Gonna try to get a subie group one of these days when all schedules work out right.

Hey, i'm game to go up most weeknights. the only ones i can't are usually wed. and fridays. the lights are awesome, been up there several times at night.

Man i sure wish i could have gone up with you guys looks like alot of fun. sounds like some of those climbs would have been fun to try, i don't have the swampers but i do have the locker. :lol:

Hey, i'm game to go up most weeknights. the only ones i can't are usually wed. and fridays. the lights are awesome, been up there several times at night.

Man i sure wish i could have gone up with you guys looks like alot of fun. sounds like some of those climbs would have been fun to try, i don't have the swampers but i do have the locker. :lol:

Well then we'll have to go up one night.

Have to keep an eye on the weather for a clear night.

I'm always down for night wheelin'.

But always going up Lolo for night runs cause it's familiar and close to home (in case something trys to go wrong) alone is fun but gets too same old same old. Still fun though.

Gotta work on the subie this week, just tweaks mainly, and install a CB. (and the weather is supposed to be bad anyway)

But we'll see how things go next week maybe.

Finally I get time to post..been busy workin ot...

Team CF and I had a blast well into the dark night...

Goat mtn was fun...then when took the plunge into a channel..trail leading to the power lines off Fs rd 4220 near hwy 46 ...We figured we'd wash the subes undercarriage off from goat mtn in the water...perhaps a snorkel is in order...:headbang:

here's a few pics...

P1010020.jpg

lake.jpg

downgoat.jpg

teamcf-1.jpg

channelsurfing.jpg

floataway.jpg