Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale windshield washer

Anyone know where to find the washer pump wire (red/white according to Haynes) on a Loyale? I want to hook up a new pump but can't see any evidence of a red/white in the wiper motor harness, and of course the washer reservoir and pump are buried inside the fender - a place I'm not going until late spring!!

It's not in the wiper motor harness.

IIRC, it's in the portion of the harness that swings around the front at the bottom of the radiator to supply the headlights and markers, etc. It then enters the fender wall somewhere under the air-box area and goes to the washer motor.

You should be able to access the washer motor from the underside by pulling back the splash sheild inside the fender.

GD

It's not in the wiper motor harness.

IIRC, it's in the portion of the harness that swings around the front at the bottom of the radiator to supply the headlights and markers, etc. It then enters the fender wall somewhere under the air-box area and goes to the washer motor.

You should be able to access the washer motor from the underside by pulling back the splash sheild inside the fender.

GD

Thanks, GD; I'll get to it tomorrow, hopefully, and report if successful. :)

GD, thanks; you're right. For anyone else out there with a bad Loyale washer pump, the red/white power and black ground wires can be accessed through the same hole in the fender well that the stock pump outlet hose comes out of - just aft of the airbox. I needed long-nose pliers to grab them, but there's enough slack in the main harness to allow about 3" of wire through the hole. I cut them and mounted a new Trico Universal washer pump right next to the airbox and spliced in the red/white and ground wires. The stock hose fits the Trico inlet, and I used the hose that came with the kit for the outlet. No need to go inside the inner fender liner and remove the old pump, the Trico pulls right through it and is a pretty decent unit. Model 11-100 (or WP-300) at your local parts store, around $20 including hose, wiring, and bits and pieces. And get this: it's actually "Made in U.S.A."!!!:grin:

post-1508-136027626208_thumb.jpg