Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1992 EA82 SPI into a 1985 EA82 hitachicarb

I have put a 1992 EA82 SPFI into a 1985 EA82 Hitachi carb and am trying to keep the SPFI everything is working but I have no spark. I also don't have any action going into the coil. I swear that it alsmost fired once but that was it. I have juice at the alternator and eveything else works (starter, headlights, dash, wipers, etc.) I just can't get any spark. I have the wiring harness from the SPFI and have been trying to intergrate it. Any suggestions?

did you change the motor too, or just the manifold?

if you are runing an ea81 with the spfi manifold and harness, you would have to change the disty to the ea82.

but if you swaped the whole ea82 along with the spfi, you would need to keep your stock(spfi ea82) disty.

either way, its gotta have four wires and no vac. points

sounds like you have the whole ea82 and spfi stuff, its gotta be one of those four wires. two go to the disty, and two go to the comp. and you have to give power to the positive side of the disty. and the negative should be for the tack, i think.

good luck man, i was trying to get mpfi to run in my hatch, and i just swapped it out for an spfi block with a weber.