Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blowed Up Works INC!

WJM

Ok, the SECOND time around....lasted about 4 days, so now I've blown a regular set of Headgaskets.

Note that the coppers didnt blow, they just didnt seal due to improper sealant.

So, the RX is now parts for the GL-10...as the RX...is...well, doesnt like my engine projects. I dont mean to be mean on this one...but ya'll cant get parts off of this one...but I might offer some things to the USMB aution...Ya'll dotn want it anyhow. Strpiied down, been wrecked, frame is warped some...engien no good now.

So, here's my new 'toy'....a 2002 SUBARU (DUH!!) Impreza WRX Sport wagon. Its like NEW. Seriously.

Well, Gotta go pick up the ole reliable GL-10 now...

I was actually gonna get a FT4WD auto trans to slap into the GL-10....but, in leiu of the RX situation, the LSD and the trans sounds good in the GL-10. I might repaint the body kit and put it on the wagon. Maybe use the springs and camber plates on it too....but the GL-10 will be a family like car, and when Im done "restoring" it so to say...then I will turn the WRX in to something to be rekoned with...within reasons of reliability.

I dont think the whole conversion thing there is a good idea....LOL. But it was something I was thinking about doing. I really dont know what the RX's future will be. It will be used for parts tho...maybe saved for when Ive got a shop or somthing...and some $ to throw STI stuff in it, and straighten it out.

WJM,

Whay do you suppose caused the head gaskets to blow? Is this the Carb Block turbo high commpression motor that you have posted about? Could the comprression just be to high? The copper head gaskets wouldn't seal?

The WRX sounds very fun especially one the warranty runs out and you can really get into the motor. I have an 03 TS wagon and love it after some intake and exhaust work.

ive got over a year, and 17k miles on the GL-10's high compression turbo engine. No problems at all.

The RX...idk what the deal is. Its a completely STOCK bottom end.

the WRX is great. Now the dealership has come back and said i cant ahve it for what they quoted me at. :argue:

they will have a Ferengi on thier hands tomorrow afternoon.