Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Clutch Advice

A buddy and I will be pulling the motor and tranny come this summer. The transmission from my 65K white brat will be going in with it as well as the linkage from it as well (very tight). I will be putting a new clutch in while it is out and was wanting some advice on which is a good one to go with. I also heard it is a good idea to have flywheel turned while out.

I thought about checking out the things that LuK automotive makes as I work for the the Schaeffler Group warehouse. I realized that the XT6 clutch would not work being that it is an EA81 when I did some searching last night. I am getting pretty bad shutter when I let out on the clutch has it is, did an OEM cable and that helped a bit but I think it is about time. Anyone have any favorite brands and tips for installation/removal?

The XT6 clutch will work if you use a Nissan truck TO bearing. It will fit onto the 4 speed TO bearing holder, and will match the XT6 pressure plate fingers. Then you use an EA82 flywheel, and a stock EA81 disc.

At least that's what the word is from a couple people that have done it.

You are far, far better off going with the 5 speed for all the trouble of the job though.

GD