Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any and all Arizona subaru owners and Southern Cali post here

trying to locate all the arizonians here on this board. i've talked to a few, but have lost email addy's overtime and can't remeber all the names. so anyone that lives in arizona or southern cali post here.

and any that are interested in modifying subarus for offroading. tell me cause if you are within a few hours from here i'd be willing to help you, come wheel with you, hang out with subaru owners, and show people the beauty of the all wheeldrive.

i'm really trying to find other subaru addicts in my state. so i have people to chill with and wheel with that have the same passion of subarus.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Cave Creek (north of Phoenix). Currently only have an Impreza (wife's car) which she has taken airborne several times on the local dirt roads. But for some reason she gets upset when I try...

:D

I am currently looking for a mid-80s Brat or similar vintage 4WD wagon to make into an offroad toy. Hope to get something together before it gets too hot again.

I am up in central Az. Have two brats, a 'lifted 78 and an auto '84. Both are sitting right now. I just finished a side job. Will be getting the '84 on the road first, so my teenager can get his license and get on the road. When I get the '78 up and moving I'll let you know, lots of wheelin around here.

Originally posted by ABdad

Well, you certainly picked a good time to come. Should be around 112-114 degrees daytime, 95-100 at night.

But, hey, it's a dry heat. (sorta like a toaster) LOL

ya ill be there for about 3 years, im gonna be at UTI for 21 months, and my girlfriend is going to a college there so im staying until she is done, then we are movin back up here.

Hey hows it goin! I've been wondering whatever happened to that Turbo wagon I drove down there! Is it in good hands now? Did all that registration get figured out? My old alias was alpha0001 to jog your memory; drop me an email.

Anyway, I am almost in SoCal, -San Luis Obispo, CA.... but my subi right now is an offroading piece of work in the making.

i'd like to get a pheonix get together going after all the little quirks are worked out of my car. so i feel safe enough to drive to pheonix.

especially since most of you seem to be closer to phoenix. if any want to go wheeling also i could locate easier trails in that area to play on.

so scooby, what are you taking at UTI. i was gonna go there before i went in the corp, for automotive technician. now i'm an avionics tech. but couldn't afford 28,000 dollars of debt. so i joined the corp. and might use my 50,000 dollar gi bill and go there when i get out. but really want to get out of AZ. i have at least 3 and a half years left in the corp. i've completed about a year and a half so far out of 5 yrs.

tell me when and where you'd like to get a meet and greet together, and i'll start planning. and if anyone wants to go on some easy trails let me know i got a book with a bounch of trails a few miles away from pheonix.

how tricky of trails would you want? cause there's anything from mild to wild within 45 minutes of pheonix. do you want scenic dirt road style trails. or more of a moderate to easy trail. more rock and just a little tuffer. or we could go do the most difficults in the same area! :headbang: j/k your car won't do the most difficults. tell me what you guys want and where. i'll start planning.

• 11 months later...

the forum, so this will probably sound ridiculous to the vets but, does anyone know a good Subaru mechanic? I have a transmission swap I need to get done and I'm going to either have to have my car towed to the States or pay a mechanic to come down here to fix it. There is a qualified mechanic here but you've got to be a millionaire to afford the guy.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...