Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found a wrecked 98 Forester at a local junk yard( pick and pull) and I need the 4EAT trany. A friend and I accidently cracked and broke one of the holes that bolted to the engine( with the pin) during removal..

Is this going to affect anything? Is the trany trashed? Pictures are in my photos in the header above .The broken hole is located below the starter.

Any advice?

Thanks

Had the donor car been in an accident? If so where was it hit? I'm inclined to believe it was already cracked and just happened to fall apart when you removed the tranny, but then I wasn't there to see what happened.

If the tranny wasn't damaged in a bad accident, it will probably be fine as long as you tap the dowel pin into the engine block, and then if you don't end up with a bunch of up and down play in the tranny once it's mated to the block - before tightening the bolts or TQ. Worth a shot, imo.

The donor was hit in the front, engine and trany was pushed inward about half inch since the trany mount was pushed back a little.

I guess the dowel pin hole broken could be caused by the accident, good to hear it has little or no affect on the installation.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks

Had the donor car been in an accident? If so where was it hit? I'm inclined to believe it was already cracked and just happened to fall apart when you removed the tranny, but then I wasn't there to see what happened.

If the tranny wasn't damaged in a bad accident, it will probably be fine as long as you tap the dowel pin into the engine block, and then if you don't end up with a bunch of up and down play in the tranny once it's mated to the block - before tightening the bolts or TQ. Worth a shot, imo.