Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Awesome!!!!!

Well, while the USMB was down, I was out collecting my greatest steal to date. :grin:

IMG00500.jpg

Its not perfect, but for 400 bucks, what is? Anyways, got the car home, had a blown headgasket somethin fierce. Luckily I just happened to have an 86 Turbo wagon with a freshly resealed motor... 14 hours and a lot of sweat and cussing later, this beast is back on the road. This motor is only a hold-over until I can get my oily hands on a nice little 2.2L :grin: The drivetrain works perfect, so my next project is to make and exhaust for it (Im running with about 10 inches of straight pipe after the turbo :burnout:) then comes the rust repair and body work. I lOVE this car!!! Anyways, just thought I would share :banana:

IMG00502.jpg

IMG00501.jpg

I have the timing set at 22 degrees btdc, but I will re check tonight. It stumbles a good bit between 2000 and 3000 rpm until the Turbo spools up, but when its cold or if Im not romping on it it stumbles a little throughout the rpm range. No CEL codes showing. sound like timing?

No, sounds more like a IAC or vac leak.

Check the connector on the IAC and temp sensors. They can sometimes get corroded. Get a can of ether and start hunting for vac leaks.

Nice, but I want the F-1 behind it, even if does have the wrong rear fenders.

ha, we have 3 of those, but they are my dads. One is a panel wagon. If you like old cars and trucks and Subarus, you should see our place. Waaaaaaaay too many projects. Sadly, many will probably never come to fruition :mad:

Scott, thanks for the offer, but I have a running motor in it now, its only to hold me over till I can find a good 2.2. Anyone here willing to build me a wiring harness for the swap?

you don't need no stinking harness..........:grin:

ha, we have 3 of those, but they are my dads. One is a panel wagon. If you like old cars and trucks and Subarus, you should see our place. Waaaaaaaay too many projects. Sadly, many will probably never come to fruition :mad:

Scott, thanks for the offer, but I have a running motor in it now, its only to hold me over till I can find a good 2.2. Anyone here willing to build me a wiring harness for the swap?

you don't need no stinking harness..........:grin:

:grin: Actually I was totally thinkin about building a carbed EJ today, it would fit my style a lot better... Then I'd just need a cool super charger to mount right on top of the manifold to stick out through the hood, that would be a good way to get rid of that big dent there too :clap:

OK, so I jacked up the rear of the RX. I built a 3 inch subframe lift with about 4 inches of lift on the struts. Some of you will love it, some of you will hate it, and some of you wont really care :-p Now I need some better wheels and tires. I think Ill do a six lug conversion and use 14 inch Centerline solid aluminum wheels with some 70 or 80 profile tires. Im gonna paint it flat black, with a gold stripe in the trim where the red one is now. Im gonna pain all the suspension and subframe stuff that bolts to the body red like the lift blocks. Love it or loathe it, its here to stay :banana:

IMG00504.jpg

IMG00507.jpg

Pics do not do this thing justice, you must see it to appreciate it :grin:

-Bill