Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snowboarding/Skiing at Lake Tahoe Jan 6th... who's in?

Tuesday Jan 6th im going to be taking Rooinater to Tahoe for a day of snowboarding. All is welcome to join! I know there are a few of us in this area, and even some out of the area that want to go (StormTrooper??)

Not sure where to go yet, probably whichever is the cheapest. Was looking into Donner Ski Ranch cause its a $10 day, and since i have to rent all my gear im trying to fly cheap. But might spoil ourselfs by going somewhere better.

Reply here. We will all try to meet in Sac around 8am to be in Tahoe by 10, or 10:30.

-Brian

I already got wens. off but I will see if I can change it to tues.

if we make a day of this lets hit a bigger resort. espically since the snow should be frickin deeeep by then. it was 2 ft of nice powder at kirkwood last friday. more to come.

what about dodge ridge? its not to expensive and although its at a low elavation it should get a good dump out of this storm. Its also right between us.

I will check the conditions later in the week but as of now things look good all over our area.

stormtroopers computer is down and out right now. I will try to talk to him tomarow.

As excited as I am to go snowboarding, and as much as I want to meet up with you guys, my new electrician job demands a full work day througout the week, so my obligations are to that...:(

If you guys cant scrape together the funds to hit the snow, Hollister Hills is open for some serious muddin', and I get off around 2:30 ;)

but seriously, if there's a snowball's chance in hell that I dont have to work on tues, I'm in..

Jared--You're still welcome to stop by on your way home, for a hot meal and a beer...Plus I'd like to check out this rig of yours...

ok so switching to tues is not so easy. I still hope to go up on wens. if anyone is interested, most likely dodge ridge. I ususally get a early start so I can be out on the slopes by 10. 8:00 from sac then get rentals would be a bit of a late start for me too. Im low cash just like everyone so I try to get the fullest days possible.

oh yeah I will be at kirkwood on sun too.

mabey we can get something together? if not another time.

hey NorCals,

be sure to bring a plow, and stay in Palaideis formation when ya go up 80....ha ha

I can't make it, but if the trip is aborted...maybe a redevous somewhere for suds & grub around the Bay Area??

-shanonsf

S-Junkie- jonesing for that video & might have the weber on by then........

Shannon, i got your video :) I re-recorded it, it has a 1hr special that recaps the entire year, then it starts with Australia and goes until the end of the season.

Boarding will have to be Tuesday, its the only day Jared will have. I have 2 from work that are going as well. Not subaru guys, but still cool nonetheless.

We're going to Donner Ski ranch. $10 for a ticket, $40 to rent gear... should be dead on Tuesday. I-80 got DUUUUUMMMMPED on last night. Another 18" in the summit. They closed both freeways, 80 and 50 last night due to the snow. Snow chains required, but usually 1 simple look at a Subaru with a lift, and they change their minds.

-Brian

Hey!

Sad! I was just up in Tahoe! Watch out for the snow... they sure have been getting a dumping... just got back over the siskiyous today. Blah! Talk about a snowie mess... watch out for highway 50 it took us several hours and that was BEFORE the storm hit! yuck! Good luck boys and have a great time.. too bad I was there a week early... the view from the lifts are great and the runs should be fun!

I am in the same county as SLT.........No offense taken. Most of the people you come across up there are from the Bay Area (no offense intended toward Shannonsf). They get a Yukon XL or a Ford Exploder and think they can do 65 mph in 3" of powder on the highway............with a 1/2" of ice underneath.......these are the people that are on the morning news, off on the shoulder in the ditch or flipped over. This causes all the delays and road closures........ :rolleyes: Also, stopping in the middle of the road to put on chains, instead of pulling off to the shoulder......ugh!

Sadly, I must decline the invitation to go to Tahoe...........I have a strange miss that has developed and fuel consumption is waaaaaaaaaay up.......................:madder: I thought I was done working on this car, but I guess not.

Some other time?

I like the idea of a local "meet and greet", maybe lunch or something...............or, as suggested in an earlier post; grab a brew someplace. Just thought it would be cool to meet a few of the Soob fans here :headbang: .

Cap and rotor on order for later on today, plugs already changed..

I totally agree with you Erik R. SUV drivers drive way to fast. 65-70 on a snow covered freeway, I see it all the time. And of course they always spin off the road and crash into a telephone poll. I laugh pretty hard when I see them scramble out of there mangled H2 with a dumb founded look on there face. If someone wants to drive 35mph in the snow.. more power to them. They are being safe and they seem to care about the lives of other people on the roads.

Have fun on your ski trip guys. I won't be able to join you this time. Work calls. :(

hey there

no offense taken folks, being both a Bay Area resident AND an SUV owner ('00 Xterra)............it's all good....ha ha ha

;) rip a few turns for me boys!!

let me get this Weber thang figured out and I'm up for a meet & greet

cheers!

shanonsf

ErikR, you took the words right out of my mouth (fingers?) about the tourists in Tahoe this weekend. Traffic was SOLID! It sure pays to know all the shortcuts around South Shore, or we would have starved, LOL.

Snow is the great equalizer. My $500 '83 wagon had to "blaze a trail" so my sis's Wagoneer and bro's Wrangler (with Aquatred tires) could move anywhere. I had to laugh every time I saw a $50,000 Navigator or other SUV with chains on the rear tires..too cheap to get the 4WD opition, but most had the full brush guard packages.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah..Im in for Donner, still Tuesday?

Well, being a Truckee resident, I can tell you that we had every idiot up here this last week! About the worst Iv'e seen it in a long long time. Way too many people and huge amounts of snow. Being a new to Subaru owner what I find way cool about my subee is how well the heater cranks. It's been -10 several times already this past week in the morning and it just pumps out the heat. Dress warm and stay safe and in bounds if you do go. Avalnches just took some poor guys life up here the other day. If ya ever want to put together a North Tahoe Truckee thing I'm in.

89 Subaru GL Wagon-Sweet

87 Subaru Gl Wagon-Needs engine

89 MBZ 300SEL-Black on Black

91 GMC Suburban 1500 SLE- BIG 4x4