Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found some 27" off road tires.

Wirebrush

Cooper Discoverer 195 R15. I have been looking for a 27" skinny off road tire for my Brat when I get the lift done and I came across some barely used Coopers and I was thrilled to find that they measure 27 inches in diameter and they are narrower that anything else I've found in a 27" tire.

They make a 14" all terrain as well all the way down to a 26" (and up)

I was gonna pick up a set as they are the same size as the street tires I have on now (195/75/14) But the $$$, Swampers are cheaper and more agressive.

At least new.

You found used. if they are in good shape and gotten for a deal, then good score. :)

http://www.coopertire.com/html/tireselector_bySize.aspx?twtd=195&artw=75&rd=14

(The Discoverer Radial LT)

I got a set of 27" Kumho MUD-terrains w/50 miles

mounted on pretty 14" wheels for $300 delivered :-p

Too bad they discontinued these, because they're unstoppable in slop.

A/T tires will prove to be nearly worthless in less than ideal conditions offroad.

Though, the Low Range of the BRAT will make you think otherwise, if you're new to dual range Subarus.

Edited by Greenley

ground hawg makes a 27 inch mud tire to $$$ is the thing also found quite a bit more to but $$$ wise swampers are the better deal

ughhh.... swampers are just so obnoxious to drive on pavement, kill milage, and wear out after I dunno, like 5000 miles?

Cooper Discoverer 195 R15. I have been looking for a 27" skinny off road tire for my Brat when I get the lift done and I came across some barely used Coopers and I was thrilled to find that they measure 27 inches in diameter and they are narrower that anything else I've found in a 27" tire.

I had these same tires (R14) on my '83 lifted (4/3 BYB) wagon. They were great! I did have to trim the fenders a tiny bit to prevent rubbing. The car lived in Missoula and Bozeman and now live w/ its new owner in Kalispell.