Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sultan Basin

SOOBOUTLAW

Anybody ever wheel around here? Not too gnarly, but there is mass snow in the winter. I just found another nice wheeling spot right outside of town. Shooting is legal too!!!! It is NOT legal to shoot further up toward Spada Lake(past Kellogg Lake road). Did a little wheeling in this new area, fun for a Subaru. Need to explore a bit more.

The new spot is in North Sultan, go up the Sultan Basin road, turn left on 116th, go past the gate, and there it is. I saw a bunch of trails going around in the woods. It's PUD property, but they allow public access. A friend who lives up top of Sultan Basin road told me they don't close the gate anymore. Probably locked too many peeps in.

the wheeling off of sultan basin has been shut down for several years. anything other than being a logging road should be considered illegal unless you personally contact the land owner.

Is this at 116th? AFAIK it is open to public access. Pretty damn sure, you gotta register your vehicle just like up at Olney Pass and Lake Chaplain.

Edited by SOOBOUTLAW

the wheeling off of sultan basin has been shut down for several years. anything other than being a logging road should be considered illegal unless you personally contact the land owner.

I'm pretty sure the gravel roads he's talking about are not the same ones we used to be able to wheel Jared. There were some pretty gnarly trails, but it did all get closed down. What he's driving on could hardly be called "wheeling" I think. ;)