Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TSF/Browns Camp update.

TeamCF

Not sure if it'll affect too many here. I think me, scoobyclimbs, and MichealAppel are about the only ones who regularly head out there. But just in case. As I don't think all affected trails are actually marked as closed.

But they will be reopened as things dry out! :)

*Pulled from another board

This was as of the beginning of this month (March 2009)

Browns Camp OHV Area

The top part of the Firebreak 5 Trail has been closed for the duration of the wet winter months to prevent trail damage and erosion. When it dries out it be opened for the summer.

The Crushers loops remain open and can be accessed from the top of the trail by continuing up Saddle Mountain Road and staying left until you reach the top of Firebreak Five.

A segment of the University Fire Power has been closed for the duration of the wet winter months to prevent trail damage and erosion. When it dries out it will be opened for the summer. The open segment of trail can be accessed off University Falls Road or Beaver Dam Road (they always block this one off for winter)

A section of the Chute Trail is temporally closed from the South Fork Wilson Rd. to University Falls Road due to timber harvest operations.

A segment of the Airplane Hill Trail has been significantly damaged and has been closed temporarily until the damaged section can be repaired. When it dries out it will be repaired and opened for the summer. The Oregon Department of Forestry will be working with local trail use clubs to repair the problem. Respecting this trail closure will allow us to more quickly repair the damage and open the trail. Enforced under: OAR 629-25-070.

A segment of the Hogs Back Trail has been significantly damaged and has been closed temporarily until the damaged section can be repaired. When it dries out it will be repaired and opened for the summer. The Oregon Department of Forestry will be working with local trail use clubs to repair the problem. Respecting this trail closure will allow us to more quickly repair the damage and open the trail. Enforced under: OAR 629-25-070.

Also I read there have been break ins around Browns Camp. Seems it may have been a frequent ATV rider there. As far as I know he and his buddy have been caught.

But still never go too far from your wheeler if you get out for some reason.

Last victim had all his tires deflated and windows busted out.

Not to mention a big Best Buy bill on his cards. :mad: