Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my new bumper

oldschool

The tabs are there for the expensive rock blockers...

th_GroundLevel.jpg

haha, his horizontal opening is a bit shorter than mine so that will cut down on the area that rocks have to jump in there... so far I haven't had any problems with mine...

Rob, I am liking those turn signals, my original idea was to install the 6" oval LEDs on mine but the little beehive ones I have were only like $2, and Im cheap so, lol... Glad you like it :banana:

Oh yea and I have one more sitting in my shop that is halfway built if anyone is interested :grin:

Cool bumper.

Now, let's get down to business.

1) Why isn't this on a EA81?

2) Can you make it with a push guard attached?

3) How much you selling these for?

1)Would love to do work with other subies but unfortunately there are few around these parts, so I don't have cars for a template...

2)Most certainly can, I've been waiting on this semster to get over so I can toy around with some ideas I have, one more week :banana:...

3)This particular bumper style, somewhere in the neighborhood of 300-350 shipped is a fair price considering the work that goes into these... Though I am planning on doing some bumpers our of round tube in the near future... Since I can just bend round tube the price for round tube bumpers will be SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER... I am a big fan of the bartering system, so trades are always welcome as well...

Honestly I want to get several prototypes built while I have the time this summer; front and rear bumpers, light bars, etc etc... And if you happen to live near by which I am sure hardly anyone does, I am more than willing to build you something for free so long as after I build it I can keep it long enough to make a jig of sorts so I can replicate it for anyone else that might be interested...

-caleb

round tube sounds cool id like to see a sketch or something of a prototype.

you can see i like the tube

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/erty0/mike%20crap/IMG_1985.jpg

chrome moly seems ideal rather than mild, the weight savings alone is worth it.

Once I get through this finals week I will get to working on sketches etc... I haven't weighed my bumper but I don't think it is any heavier than stock, thats something else I will have to do... A round tube bumper should come out even lighter too, we shall see...

-caleb

Once I get through this finals week I will get to working on sketches etc... I haven't weighed my bumper but I don't think it is any heavier than stock, thats something else I will have to do... A round tube bumper should come out even lighter too, we shall see...

-caleb

in not sure, my bumper is .120" thick all around.