Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No Alibi 2009 Rally June 6 & 7

edrach

Two day, low pressure (for the non-computerized entrants), fun TSD in eastern Washington. Although it may not have any link to the MG1000 of the 1970's or 1980's, the concept and intent appear very similar. Lots of gravel and a fun touring drive through the scenic parts of eastern Washington.

Looks like fun! My wife and I are coming out of retirement!:banana:

http://www.rainierautosports.com/events/2009/noalibi/

Edited by edrach

• 2 weeks later...
Well Ed, I would sign up, but my rally car (aka my 85' brat) isn't up to

competion standards, and it has a starting issue.

Otherwise I would gladly enter.

So I guess I do have an alibi! :grin:

Twitch

Well, do you have another vehicle? I'm sure they could use another worker or two. Come on out and work the rally....Moses Lake is closer to you than to me.:) You might enjoy the time.

Well Ed, I may come just to meet the man who helped me defeat the insurance

machine. :)

I think I will.

Don't sign me up just yet, I still need to get my finances in order, but I hope to

be able to come and help out, maybe meet some fellow soob nuts. :)

Twitch

Check the current entry list in their website. About 50% of the entry is Subaru.

• 2 weeks later...

An outstanding rally. Probably the best event my wife and I have ever run. Late entries brought the number to 37; a new record for this event. The event ran on time, the roads were awesome (and not car breakers except for a water crossing), speeds were just right for the roads we were on, and instructions clear and detailed. We saw twenty four checkpoints on the first day (there were more) and I counted 21 on day 2. In spite of that, scores on the first day were posted before the banquet ended and we could get to bed at a reasonable hour to prepare for the next day. Sunday had the most awesome hillclimb I've ever seen on a TSD rally. The event ended at a local Moses Lake park with a club sponsored BBQ. Lots of good food, results posted quickly and most competitors on their way home before 5 PM. The only downside was a water crossing that came up quickly (even with the milages warning you that it was there) and a number of Subarus discovered their radiators were mounted in plastic which sheared off and put them out of commission. Fortunately, my Impreza was not one of them.

Only downside for me was wearing out a perfectly good set of rallycross tires in one event.