Ultimate Subaru Message Board

suspension ride hieght adjust?

'82 Gl Daily

look at your front struts,there should be 2 adjusting nuts at the base of the spring perch.Crank those up and you can get about 1.5" lift in the front.

Flip your rear seat forward. Under where the seat would be in the middle is a large plug.Remove that, and you will find a nut below that.Crank that up to lift the rear about 2".

make sure to lift the car off the ground when doing the adjustments.

Some GLs have adjustable front struts which work the same as Uberoo described. Don't drive on them this way permanently or it will wear out your tires.

Some GLs also have adjustable rear struts which can be cranked up permanently without damaging the tires; I believe it requires a spring compressor though. They will have 3 "steps" in the bottom perches.

is there anythingu can do to an 86 loyale like that?

Yup 2 nuts on each front strut, one adjuster under the rear seat like was said.

Been driving my GL cranked up for 2 years now with no ill effects on the tires. They wear quite evenly and slowly up front. But I go through front axles like mad. Inner joints tend to not like the angle all the time.

At this point theres no turning back for me as mine siezed and the threads got all chewed, they are stuck in the "upright" position.

So if you plan on needing to change it back I'd suggest some antiseize on the threads and check, clean, lube, them often to make sure they'll move when you want them to.

• 2 weeks later...