Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

Ratty2Austin → TIMBERTIGER

the 2 big lines (about 3/4 inch thick) that go into the firewall are your heater core lines, dont remove those!!! they are full of coolant and your car will overheat/leak without them there.... besides, you might want the heater to keep working too ;) the brake booster line is the 1/2inch thick vacuum line that goes to the big round can behind the brake master cyl. it should connect to it's own larger manifold connection poking off the top of the intake near the alternator.... can you attach photos to an email and send them to [email]awestphalphoto@gmail.com[/email] ?
Jun 23 2009 06:39 PM
Photo

Lucky_13 → Dj0rk

Do you still have the trek?
Jun 23 2009 03:04 PM
Photo

86HatchShelby → my69opelgt

PIMP brandon!
Jun 23 2009 12:45 PM
Photo

TIMBERTIGER → Ratty2Austin

hey thanks alot i appreciate all the help. i took off all the lines on my engine and got rid of that filter thing. which hose is my brake booster. also there are two lines that go out of my intake and right into my fire wall. how would i go about sending you pics to show you what im talking about? - again thanks alot for the help. [email]zachary.goodnight@navy.mil[/email] (208) 816-3144
Jun 23 2009 02:43 AM
Photo

GirlWithALegacy → TheLoyale

[url]http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100089[/url] The whole story's there. And thanks for the warm welcome.
Jun 23 2009 01:31 AM
Photo

psylosyfer

Long time since I've posted, Just wanted to say Hi to everyone! Hope you are all doing well.
Jun 22 2009 09:32 PM
Photo

my69opelgt → Twitch de la Brat

Here is a quick phone vid [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5MKadt57s[/url] ill have a better one up in an hour
Jun 22 2009 04:26 PM
Photo

my69opelgt → 86HatchShelby

Here is a video from my phone. ill have a better vid up in a hour [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5MKadt57s[/url]
Jun 22 2009 04:26 PM
Photo

TheLoyale → GirlWithALegacy

PS: Welcome to the family =]
Jun 22 2009 12:57 AM
Photo

CNY_Dave

I think that would work out fine. No sweat. Dave
Jun 21 2009 05:41 PM
Photo

johnc → CNY_Dave

Hi Dave! How are you ?? I just took the knuckle out again from the Toyota whose hub and race you saw/worked on when I visited for your OBW wheel bearing job. Would you allow/invite/help me to press out the old bearing and press in the new with your fine HF press? I could pass by with very little detour when I return form vacation in New Hampshire on July 8 via Albany to NE PA. No offence will be taken if you find this a bad or inconvenient idea and say so!! best regards, JOhn
Jun 21 2009 05:28 PM
Photo

LegacyWagon92 → Sparkystours59

I am troubleshooting 92 wagon bought broke down. Compression good,all four spark visible, fuel pump good, using ether I should get it to fire off, time belt marks in line at tdc. should I just start replacing electronic componants until it runs?
Jun 21 2009 10:35 AM
Photo

Twitch de la Brat → GirlWithALegacy

Chit Chat... Twitch
Jun 21 2009 01:51 AM
Photo

mykingcrab → sub-terrainian

definately meant to be bro!!!! they will get you many safe miles. enjoy......
Jun 20 2009 07:46 PM
Photo

Ratty2Austin → TIMBERTIGER

(optional) you might want to keep the defrost flapper hose- this one goes to the firewall and connects directly to the intake manifold on the right side of the car... you can remove this hose if you like, but then you will not be able to change to defrost with the heater controls inside... everything else can be removed and plugged for full-emissions removal. to do this, remove all except the ones I described above, and plug the holes on the intake manifold or carb with rubber plugs. The EGR can be blocked with bolts or make a metal gasket out of a pop can and squish it in between the EGR piece and the intake. oh, and you will NEED to keep the main PCV hoses connected!! without them you will have major engine problems- but to simplfy them, one side of the engine's valve cover goes to the PCV valve on the intake, and the other side goes to the air intake box (on top of the carb) thats it! Hope this helps! ~Austin
Jun 20 2009 06:09 PM