Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

mykingcrab → sub-terrainian

definately meant to be bro!!!! they will get you many safe miles. enjoy......
Jun 20 2009 07:46 PM
Photo

Ratty2Austin → TIMBERTIGER

(optional) you might want to keep the defrost flapper hose- this one goes to the firewall and connects directly to the intake manifold on the right side of the car... you can remove this hose if you like, but then you will not be able to change to defrost with the heater controls inside... everything else can be removed and plugged for full-emissions removal. to do this, remove all except the ones I described above, and plug the holes on the intake manifold or carb with rubber plugs. The EGR can be blocked with bolts or make a metal gasket out of a pop can and squish it in between the EGR piece and the intake. oh, and you will NEED to keep the main PCV hoses connected!! without them you will have major engine problems- but to simplfy them, one side of the engine's valve cover goes to the PCV valve on the intake, and the other side goes to the air intake box (on top of the carb) thats it! Hope this helps! ~Austin
Jun 20 2009 06:09 PM
Photo

Ratty2Austin → TIMBERTIGER

Hi there, it may have been an old photo from the old USMB site that may be gone now... I don't know if I still have the photos of the emissions delete, but if I find them I will put them up on my new photo site :) However, the emissions delete is pretty simple if you have an EA81.... or carbed EA82? What you need to keep- the distributor advance- this line comes off of the front of the Hitachi carbs, usually it goes into one of those metal vac pipes that will snake around under the intake and end up right next to the distributor- you can eliminate that long metal line and replace it with a direct hose from the distributor advance to the front of the carb... you will need a brake booster line- thats the big one that goes directly between the intake manifold and the brake booster. (pretty obvious one) (continued next message)
Jun 20 2009 06:08 PM
Photo

Bserk → 3eyedwagon

Hey man. You may or may not get a laugh outta this.. But after all our small truck 'banter', I figured I would tell ya this story.. My sister, 6 years older than me (that means she just turned 58) has owned a total of THREE vehicles in her life! That equals 14 years per vehicle, approx...1st was a '64 Falcon Sprint, which she drove until the odometer had turned so many times we all started to lose track..but eventually there wasnt enough left to weld to, and we had to let it die. 2nd was a '88 Nissan pickup, and she damn near got that to go as far, but the rust ate it faster than the Falcon. Its dead, RIP! GUESS what its replacement is.... a godamn RANGER! LMAO! it too freakin funny to me, man. I just got through preaching what a pile of ************ they were here, and my sister buys one. Well, at least it aint a S-10, LOL!! Peace man, I hope that gives you a laugh. It did me.
Jun 19 2009 08:37 PM
Photo

TIMBERTIGER → Ratty2Austin

hey i tried to open a link with a picture of your engine but it didnt work. im trying to get rid of all my vacuum lines than i dont need. what do i have to keep?
Jun 19 2009 03:45 PM
Photo

NeedForSpeed → gpilot

Sorry, box was full, only get 5 stored messages, please resend, or email to: [email]nowyouknowit@yahoo.com[/email]
Jun 19 2009 10:43 AM
Photo

kingbobdole → Caboobaroo

Hey bum... you spoke of adjustable radius rods... where are they? I gots hella bad caster yo.
Jun 18 2009 11:09 PM
Photo

my69opelgt → The Beast I Drive

Hi bill, hopin to catch ya before you come to idaho. have any turbos you want me to take off your hands? and have you ran those cams yet? i was really wantin to know if they are use able on a DD. i mean they are so huge lol
Jun 18 2009 09:23 PM
Photo

my69opelgt → Twitch de la Brat

The large turbo seals were bad :( now it has just stock turbo and manifold plus a nasty exhaust leak. still getting alot of oil into the intake too. im gonna have to tear down again. but im doin short drives in it just for fun. everyone stares at the intercooler lol
Jun 18 2009 09:16 PM
Photo

gwilson87 → zstalker

I have actually been meaning to drop by there to get a part for my Impreza. I blew out a trunk lid shock and autozone and the sort don't carry the right size. Been a bit too busy with the brats operation.
Jun 18 2009 05:58 PM
Photo

zstalker → gwilson87

hey, you in Utah valley? not many (old) Subaru fans around...I live in Eagle Mountain but I work at Doug Smith Subaru/Suzuki in American Fork...drive a silver 1984 Brat (one of two in the area)...stop by or message sometime. ~Erik~
Jun 18 2009 05:17 PM
Photo

gwilson87 → hardtail_pride

I have only found 2 brat's for sale in Utah on KSL. And they aren't in the best shape. Check around in the classifieds on craigslist, and the classifieds on here as well.
Jun 17 2009 11:23 PM
Photo

wrcRabbit → davebugs

hi, I am interested in the Impreza hitch. Was wondering how much to ship to 97537. Thanks
Jun 17 2009 08:55 PM
Photo

hardtail_pride → gwilson87

Hey man i want to get back into another older suby. Do you know of any for sale around Orem? Once i get one we should meet up and maybe do a bit of wheelin.
Jun 17 2009 06:25 PM
Photo

nipper → flairbear

HI, i did not even know this feature existed. Describe for me a bit better the slipping out of gear. Does it feel like it popped into neutral or like a slipping clutch?
Jun 17 2009 05:17 PM