Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

86HatchShelby → The Beast I Drive

Well, Im only 3wheel drive as I only have one axle in the back and my car is unstoppable.
Jan 05 2009 10:27 PM
Photo

The Beast I Drive → 86HatchShelby

haha I kinda want to, but i found out my big tires and no power kinda suck in deep snow (found out cruising 4ft drifts) -Bill
Jan 05 2009 10:11 PM
Photo

86HatchShelby → The Beast I Drive

Ready to come back up and play in 4 feet of snow? =]
Jan 05 2009 10:00 PM
Photo

LeakingOil → njdrsubaru

Yeppers. I believe we will be heading down after a Harry's run.
Jan 05 2009 05:32 PM
Photo

SubaruMV1800 → backinbrat

yeah lol, not many mv's left around here, all rotted away
Jan 05 2009 04:00 PM
Photo

Twitch de la Brat → EVOthis

Sweet! That's cheaper than expected. And a tranny is all I need. The drive shafts and everything else will be custom anyway.
Jan 05 2009 03:37 PM
Photo

njdrsubaru → LeakingOil

hey hey.. are u guys going to the barrens run on the 17th?
Jan 05 2009 11:58 AM
Photo

lunchbox

i've heard a subaru can take a beating. i abused mine trying to get to the va hospital in denver colorado in 5 degree weather. i'd like peoples opinion before i work on in 7 degree weather tempurature right now in loveland colorado. thanks
Jan 05 2009 11:35 AM
Photo

backinbrat → carfreak85

just was interested, sounds like you got a lot going on with it! i like the semi slicks! got anymore pics of the car?
Jan 05 2009 11:19 AM
Photo

backinbrat → SubaruMV1800

haywards heath, sussex, just the fact your user name was MV, usually its brat! lol, well, at least theres someone else from england!
Jan 05 2009 08:26 AM
Photo

EVOthis → Twitch de la Brat

Ive priced 6 speeds from various sources (ebay,craigslist etc....) and it all depends if you want just the tranny or the whole 9 yards for the swap....tranny,R180 rear diff, axles, hubs,brakes etc...but i have seen just the trannys sell for as little as $1800-$2000....
Jan 05 2009 07:42 AM
Photo

EVOthis

Ive priced 6 speeds from various sources (ebay/craigslist etc...) and it all depends if you want just the tranny or or the whole 9 yards to do the swap..tranny/R180 rear diff/axles/hubs/brakes....but ive seen the trannys themselves sell for as little as like $1800-$2000....
Jan 05 2009 07:40 AM
Photo

Twitch de la Brat → EVOthis

As I said, its till in the beginning stages, I have to swap out my stock EA81 for a performance tuned, aeronautic engine. Hopefully with forged pistons, aluminum headers, etc, etc, etc. For now, though, I'm stuck with my stock engine and 4 speed tranny. But I have some connections to the aeronautics field, that may allow me to get my hands on one for cheap. :) I'll keep everybody posted on how its going. Btw, anybody know how much an STi tranny would cost from a wreckyard? 6 speed manual only, clutch optional, probably be putting an adapter plate between the clutch and the engine anyway, so its not absolutely necessary. Anyway, yeah, when I'm done I expect 450+ WHP and the ability to spin all 4 on dry pavement. Anybody wanna race? Or should I say, Any Evo wanna get creamed?
Jan 04 2009 10:37 PM
Photo

EVOthis → Twitch de la Brat

Dude you have got to take some pics for me of that thing!..That will be disguisting if it all comes together well...Twin Supercharged dear lord...Naw i chose Evothis a while ago when i just had my N/A legacy and the dude where i worked had a 540 WHP 10 second EVO....the thing was def. fast but no matter how much i tried i still couldnt "like" the car...a few months back I bought me an 02 WRX....Currently ive got a map on it tuned to 417 WHP at 24 PSI...but get back at me with project dude....I would love to see that thing go through state inspection/emissions...lol
Jan 04 2009 08:35 PM
Photo

SubaruMV1800 → backinbrat

Driffield in East Yorkshire, just up from Hull, you?
Jan 04 2009 05:16 PM