Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Community Status Updates

Photo

Attractor1 → '84 Flat-Four

Oops i deleted the message before i got to look at your carb kit link... Can you send it again please? haha
May 11 2009 09:56 PM
Photo

BlueSoob → Ever Victorious

Hey you. Hows it? Hows the Brat? And home? And all that other ************?
May 11 2009 04:44 PM
Photo

SCBEER

My 2000 Outback s/w AWD has a vibration when accelerating that has been diagnosed as a rear axle problem. Could it be something else and where can I find rear axles at a reasonable price?
May 11 2009 04:18 PM
Photo

Dr. RX → dominical1

Ed and I are close friends. There were two Hood River WCSS'. If you saw a heavy set guy that looked like Santa clause, that was probably me. Saltspring looks like the biggest of the island group. Looks like the closest ferry route is from Sidney, going to the sounth end of the island. The one from Tsawassen dock just north west of Prevost Island. Now that I'm retired, I have a lot of time to travel locally and abroad, so I just might head up that way someday.
May 11 2009 03:29 PM
Photo

jimrichard

Heads bolted on just like a dream. Heads fit perfectly. Now the torquing sequence, that was a pain. Hopefully will get it all back together this week. We labelled all the intake and connections so shuld be OK. I will keep you updated.
May 11 2009 07:06 AM
Photo

cb350f73 → suberdave

hey bud. i got 'nother question. why in hell does my '87 ea82t decide that it wants to fast idle, @ whatever speed it wishes, whenever the hell it wants to? cannot figure it out. does my air idle valve "kinda" go bad? or is is working or not...?what should happen if i unplugged the connector when it is running, hot or cold, anything?
May 10 2009 06:36 PM
Photo

gumdrop

i have a 2000 brighton wagon with a missfire on #4 cyl.i installed new plug wires,new plugs and i tested the coil pack on another car(it works fine on that car). when i remove #4 plug it is wet with fuel.i tested the compreson on #4 & #3 they are both good i used an infrared thermomater on the exhaust manafolds #4 temp was alot lower than #1#2#3... any ideas as to my problem
May 10 2009 03:56 PM
Photo

gumdrop

i have a 2000 brighton wagon with a missfire on #4 cyl.i installed new plug wires,new plugs and i tested the coil pack on another car(it works fine on that car). when i remove #4 plug it is wet with fuel.i tested the compreson on #4 & #3 they are both good i used an infrared thermomater on the exhaust manafolds #4 temp was alot lower than #1#2#3... any ideas as to my problem
May 10 2009 03:44 PM
Photo

dominical1 → Dr. RX

Hi Saltspring Island is one of the Gulf Islands - akin to the San Juans in proximity and geographical features too. It is half an hour by ferry from Vancouver Island via Swartz Bay or Crofton and about 1.5 hours from Vancouver (Tsawassen) via ferry. I like the Dead - always loved the skull and roses logos they used but my wife is the real Dead 'junkie.' I envy you Washington State folks easy access to the older Subaru models and parts. I'm an EA 81 fan and have driven nothing but since '84 apart from a Quest Van when our kids were involved in every team sport under the sun. I've been to 2 of the West Coast Subaru shows (Hood River and Shelton) and have probably seen you there. I know Ed Rachner - he is my main source In Seattle for those hard to come by parts. If you are up our way give a shout. Take care Richard
May 10 2009 02:32 PM
Photo

Dr. RX → dominical1

Where is Salt Spring Island, I live in Washington state and have been to BC many time, but I've never heard of that place. Oh, and I love your avatar, would I be safe in assuming the you are a "Dead Head"?
May 10 2009 10:01 AM
Photo

clinternet

haha yeah I figured you heard me robbin ya this morning. I got the tires on my those rims so I'll drop off your rims tomorrow.
May 09 2009 10:55 PM
Photo

MilesFox → clinternet

hey, i saw you come and take the wheels out of my car. i woke up to what sounded like someone stealing my car. but i saw you were stealing your own car. i'll find you around, my phone has been dead and i lost the cord
May 09 2009 12:17 PM
Photo

darlingchip → backwoodsboy

I see you are busy at work :)
May 09 2009 10:25 AM
Photo

98sub2500leg → Skip

Skip, I have a 98 sub Legacy Outback Limited 2.5L with intermittant overheating and small amount of oil in coolant. Decided to pull engine and change HG's and investigate if it has a cracked head. Some mechanic told me I needed to use new cylinder head torque to yield bolts because they were designed for a 1 time use, while another mechanic told me he does HG on Subaru's every day and always reuses them. 12 new bolts add a substantial cost to the job. What is you call.
May 08 2009 09:49 AM
Photo

zukiru → zenofchaos

drummer's house huh? you got music online?
May 08 2009 02:47 AM