Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tricking inspectors?

here's what you do. Get two of the same car... (year, model, options) and supe up one car with the engine you want. Change license plates and VIN numbers when you go to test... test with the stock unmodified car.

like a '78 and a '79 wagon would work. (anybody know of VIN swapping on this one? GD?)

we dont have inspectors here in indiana, so the challenge is to trick the license branch itself, such as renewing the same plate twice with no insurance, and the same plate rotating between several cars, whichever one is being driven.

but whenever i go in for legitimate purposes, they usually think im up to something.

so thus we get my name spelled wrong, and the wrong body designation when things are done right, their procedure. they piss me off

"I said JF2!, now give me my MPV registration, its a 5w, not a 4s(body desig.)"

f*'n pigs

Originally posted by WagonsOnly

Subafreak, they only inspect cars for safety here if you own a car previously titled in a different state. So if you buy a car with a Conn. title you can register it without going through Safety at all. Emissions only (and that's only when they clear the backlog).

The fee is 20 bucks for 2 years, with an additional 20 dollar late fee if you miss the test date.

Good point. I did know that, in fact I work at a garage in CT. so I've done a few safety inspections myself. I'm still not sure what the current deal is with the inspections right now but I know the emmisions is up and running.

Originally posted by JonOfScio

like a '78 and a '79 wagon would work. (anybody know of VIN swapping on this one? GD?)

I second this one... there's a situation coming up that might require some "jiggling." I was going to go the more permanent route, by swapping dashes...