Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
transmission, starting, ecm, CEL?
Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:56 PM
1. slow to turn over in cold
2. Check Engine Light has been coming on and off periodically for 6 months, usually either when I start or a mile or 2 after that (typically only for a minute or so). Seems to run fine, but I've now noticed that when it goes off, it accelerates just slightly for a second.
3. more recently I've noticed that when driving on the highway it doesn't seem to reach 4th gear (or the highest one...) as easily as it used to. At first I thought it was just cold, but on a recent long trip it the RPMs stayed around 3 instead of the usual 2-2.5 and I went through more gasoline (2/3 tank instead 1/2 as usaul).
4. a few months ago I noticed the "D" light doesn't come on, but the others do [PRND321]. I thought this could just be a burnt-out LED since it is 10 years old, but someone suggested that it could be the ECM with the above.
I think that's it...
Here's what I've done over the summer:
new spark plugs (not wires), air filter, PCV, did a partial change of transmission (ATF- Valvoline higher milage) (didn't chage filter because I didn't know it existed), did differential gears, changed the wheel bearings (front), and I've been using synthetic oil
Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:50 AM
i suggest you get that code.... and likely the source of you issues can be unearthed....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users