Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4" lift kit build thread

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 3eyedwagon

3eyedwagon

Build it, don't buy it!

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Apache Junction

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Well i know how im not installing my lift. Droppin the engine it is.:-\

You REALLY SHOULDN"T need to drop the engine for the 2" suspension lift you are doing. If you have to..... SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG...... :eek::grin:

The engine being removed is usually for people doing the 4" or bigger crossmember lift. Ditching the engine just makes it ALOT easier to move the crossmember around to line up all the blocks. It would be a nightmare to do without removing it. I'm sure there are people who "have done it", but, I'm sure they also eat coal and **** diamonds...:rolleyes::)

#77 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

you got your axles yet?

Jeff

#78 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,614 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

you got your axles yet?

Jeff

Walker anyone? Im going to take the 3Door on the next outin and I can do a friday its been to long

#79 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

Walker anyone? Im going to take the 3Door on the next outin and I can do a friday its been to long

I know I'm out....................... I cant do anything till June, or if I get a new job I can go before that................

Jeff

#80 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

It'll probably be that long for me, as well...skidplate, exhaust, axles, etc. :-\

#81 swampbrat

swampbrat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Page Az

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Is this thing done now? I think I painted my home made lift the same shade of blue. why? I don't know...I did eventually link all the blocks with 1" square tube. The way you did your strut towers looks far superior to my monkey bar arrangement on my wagon. Did you get your new axles? I have 4 spares if needed.

#82 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Is this thing done now? I think I painted my home made lift the same shade of blue. why? I don't know...I did eventually link all the blocks with 1" square tube. The way you did your strut towers looks far superior to my monkey bar arrangement on my wagon. Did you get your new axles? I have 4 spares if needed.

ya its pretty much done, Yohn took it wheeling a few times. Here are some pics!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jeff

#83 Markus56

Markus56

Whup tee do

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Wolf Point, Montana

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

why haven't i seen these pictures before?

#84 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

They are on my Facebook, under the mid summer run pics..............

Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users