Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i need an ea71 block!!

i need a good ea71 block desperatly. ive torn down three now and the problem has being blown head gaskets/rust pits in the cylinder liners. ive got plenty of heads,cranks,rods etc. but i need a good block. if anyone can help me ill pay good money for one as ive got a sweet 78 gl 4wd wagon thats waitin for it. i can be reached @ jjcockrell@hotmail.com or (805)440-7309. i remember when these things were all over the place, and ill never forget the 78 wagon i saw at the junkyard that had being skewered by the forklift!!! now i cry "my kingdom for an ea71 block" help me out if you can, ill make it worth your time!! im in california so the closer the better with shipping, etc.

thanks for gettin back to me. yes i know mike aka subaru mike aka renaissance man. yeah he gave me an ea71 but it was one of the three that i stripped down to find the bad cylinder walls. so now ive got three cranks,heads rods pistons,all that stuff. ive definatly considered the bore over-oversized piston approach bot the only pistons available lower the comp ratio a little and were talkin hundreds of bucks in machining,parts etc. hey subieguy i see your in paso is your name Richard- i think mikes being tryin to introduce us for some time. Id like us all to get together sometime,my phone number is 805-440-7309 call anytime. thanks for the info,let me know if you guys hear anything.