Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oil pressure problem

Sorry I'm kinda double posting here, but I felt to make this question, or problem I have now a bit more clear. The oil pressure in the brat, when it's cold runs at around 60psi at idle... wich is between 800-1,100 rpms... depending on the part of warming cycle. When the car has been running for a good 20 minutes at idle, the oil pressure drops to 0psi... only rising if I rev it up to a good 2,500-3,000rpms, and when I do rev it up, it barely lifts off the 0psi mark. I herd this could be due to a bad crank brearing so it's just letting all the oil run out of the circut right there. the car isn't signifantly losing any oil, it's just barely above the full mark on the dip stick, it's new oil, and oil filter I believe... and it has that symptom.... at first I thought the pressure sender died. but it worked again after the car was off long enough to cool down. So anyone else have any other ideas what might be wrong? I hope it's not bad bearings but could be cause this is a very high milliage moter. If the moter is dead however, I'm gonna be looking for a new temporary ea81 to use until I build my current one in the middle of a tear down for rebuild. thanks everyone for all and any knowlege.:D

hmmm, austin was convinced for whatever reason that I have to use 10w30 Castrol brand moter oil non senthetic.... I don't understand why hes so dead set on that specific brand, and viscosity oil for ea81's....... but I'm thinking about trying an oil change to see what happens....

well I know the dash meter is good, other engines have recently been in that car and it worked just fine. But yeah I'll see if I can take a pressure gauge to it, I'll do an oil change, and if it's still bad, I'm going to asume it's due to the bad engine bearings, based off of the faint noise I hear in it after it does that as well.