Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Touring wagon cluster in Sports Wagon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 someguy

someguy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Adelaide, South Australia

Posted 26 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hi All.

I have a 1990 L series (Loyale for everyone in the US) sports wagon.

I am sick of the instrument cluster with only the speedo that comes with the sports.

I would like to head up to upullit tomorrow and get a cluster from a touring wagon that has both the tacho and speedo.

My question is...

Can I do a straight swap.

Is it just as simple as unplugging the old cluster and plugging the new one in or do I need extra wiring for the touring wagon cluster to run the tacho etc etc.

I do have a custom 2" tacho but I would much prefer the real deal.

Thanks
________

#2 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,971 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:52 AM

I want to say that the wiring should be there, from the factory. But I don't know the EA-82's all that well, so can't be 100% on that.

#3 ruparts

ruparts

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • dallas, tx.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hi All.

I have a 1990 L series (Loyale for everyone in the US) sports wagon.

I am sick of the instrument cluster with only the speedo that comes with the sports.

I would like to head up to upullit tomorrow and get a cluster from a touring wagon that has both the tacho and speedo.

My question is...

Can I do a straight swap.

Is it just as simple as unplugging the old cluster and plugging the new one in or do I need extra wiring for the touring wagon cluster to run the tacho etc etc.

I do have a custom 2" tacho but I would much prefer the real deal.

Thanks
________

Hi,
if you pull your cluster first you can look behind to see if the plugs are there.

#4 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 983 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

I want to say that the wiring should be there, from the factory. But I don't know the EA-82's all that well, so can't be 100% on that.

Like Tom, I can't be 100%. I only speak for myself, but I have had good luck with the wiring being already there (1990 Loyale RS (Leone?) and a 1987 GL wagon) for many things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users