Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of a few of my latest things on my red brat...

mcbrat

Hahaha! Nice cup holders :grin:

But seriously, the rest is good. I like the power steering cooler (That'll save ur pump when on the trail, alright!)

Not to go off the topic, but Tamiya Brat sucks. The front axle pins/shafts keep pulling out of the steering arms, so the wheel come off with the axle :( Dunno why Tamiya didn't used a solid pin the pushes thru from behind:rolleyes: Guess I need some JB-Weld.

Mick, When are you gonna get some action shots? :headbang:

-Tom

sheet metal is sheet metal. do what they do in racing cars, cut out the dented sheet metal back to where it is sort of straight still, pop rivet in new flat sheetmetal, shape, and spray paint. easy fix. just use heavy enough guage metal that will be stronger than oem.

thats exactly how they do figure 8 cars here, making them into tanks and very strong. once rivets are in there, lay down some wire weld beads.

Mick, now that you ruined your door, you should remove the windows & cut them. Make 1/2 doors for your Brat to complete things.

I Just picked up some 1/2 doors for my 4Runner and it made wheelin so much better. However, I do have the luxury of 97 degree saturdays in September :grin:

yeah, that will be next. these doors are rotted out at the bottom anyway now, plus you sit so low in the soobs.... the passenger seat is raisedup 1.5" to clear the new tunnel, and it's better to see out of, but my head is less than an inch rom the roof then...

it was in the mid 70's for highs last weekend, and we had a cold front come through Sunday night. yesterday it barely got to mid 60's, and it's only 53 deg right now at 11:00 AM.

the doors and TBI are my winter projects :)